Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

2017 Taurus - looks like it's a go

978 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  metroplex 
#1 ·
It looks like Ford has released order/Job 1 dates for the 2017 Taurus. I haven't found any news on what changes (if any) will be done for the 2017 MY. Has anyone heard if the SHO will be produced?

For 2015/2016, I'm not thrilled they got rid of Dark Side metallic, and that we're all forced to go with 20" wheels with 245 wide tires. I'm kind of glad I have the 19" wheels on my 2014 because they have 255 tires stock. Guard metallic looks cool online, but in person it tends to look more gray than green in certain angles.

#2 ·
I imagine the current ancient design will carry on for one more year. At this point the 2017 Fusion Sport should be able to handle most of the duties of the SHO so I can see them killing it.

#4 ·
I haven't seen anything that indicates the Fusion Sport will have an upgraded cooling package or could be used on the track. And plus it looks like a bigger Ford Focus, especially with the honeycomb grille.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.