The dangers of E15 - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
I'm Watching You!

Member Number: 37681
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 01 Sable Wagon Duratec
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud of

They 'claim' there are 3 in NJ. 2 of them look like Marinas and one I have no clue about. I thought this state only has E10 and it's unlawful to have E0, because of that dumbass Christie Whitman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 35029
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 1996 Sable LS, 3.0L V6 24V Duratec, AX4N GONE, RIP
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
SoNic67 has a spectacular aura about

EPA approved label:

But...:
Quote:
In october 2010, the EPA proposed a new warning label for E15 (a fuel made up of 15 percent ethanol and 85 percent gasoline) to be used on pumps that dispense the newly-approved biofuel. It's a bright orange label with "CAUTION" in capitalized letter emblazoned across the top and looks like a serious warning. The thing is, the ethanol industry doesn't really like it. It's so, warning-y.
In response, the industry has proposed a light blue label that calls out "ATTENTION" instead and also has softer wording about how dangerous E15 is or might be in your vehicle. Instead of "Use only in: 2007 and newer gasoline cars, 2007 and newer light duty trucks, flex-fuel vehicles. This fuel might damage other vehicles. Federal law prohibits its use in other vehicles and engines," the new labels says, "Approved for use only in 2007 and newer cars and light-duty trucks and flex fuel vehicles. Federal law prohibits use in other vehicles, non-road engines and equipment." Note the missing bold warning, among other changes.
According to the Des Moines Register, the ethanol industry group Growth Energy says the softer, gentler label "appropriately informs consumers. ... This design provides all information necessary for consumers to make an informed fuel choice and does not inappropriately impact marketplace perceptions of the fuel."

Last edited by SoNic67; 01-07-2013 at 11:58 AM.
SoNic67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement