Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Ever Seen A Taurus After Its Stuck In The Mud?

5K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  qwertz9586 
#1 ·
[attachmentid=21643][attachmentid=21642][attachmentid=21641][attachmentid=21640][attachmentid=21639]So the bull has been agin... currently 165,000 on the clock and climbing fast. I haven't paid as much attentions to her as i should, with marraige, and a parental divorce, and ayounger sister turning 10 and whatnot, and such............anyways.. long story short.... recently, i put out for my baby. Actually, my parents did. Seeing as how they're splitting, they want my wife and I to have reliable cars, the Cougar (my wife's) got new tires, upper and lower intake gaskets, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets and new engine/trans mounts as well as fixing the egr. ME, i chose to have new struts/coils (napa response) new brakes (slotted and ceramic pads all around) and new ball joints, front subframe/control arm/stabilizer bushings and just before that i made the purchase of four brand new BFG Radial T/A's..... size 225/70/15. :)

This all with about approx 20-25k on the salvage/personally rebuilt engine/trans combo.

BTW..... all this is thanks to incredible discounts due to my being employed at NTB (shameless plug)

Anyways... tonight, i drank a few beers (3... not a crazy drunk driver, me) and quite a bit after both those and some good looks at the pics of the taurus mounted on a jeep frame :p I decided to go mudding. Mind you it rained all day tonight clearing up about 4-5pm and this is a completely dirt 'road' as in, constrcution access 'path' made by the constant crawling of earth moving equipment across an open field as they build a new elementary school near where i live.

It was bad. I had the front bumper so deep, i was ELBOW deep in mud to attach the tow strap to the subframe. The front wheels were buried to the center caps and i overheated her trying to rock her loose before a friend with a 4x4 escape came to the rescue. He got me started and i plowed out.

Pics will ensue... and a video of my car after i got her home. Alas it was tooooooo dark for ON site pics.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.