Lowering the Rear of a 10 Taurus - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member Number: 44235
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2011 Black Limited
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
LPHONEGUY is an unknown quantity at this point

I Have an 11 Limited Which I would Love to sit Lower in the back or all around if its Level when Done .... my Question is Dose it effect the Ride Quality ...Will it Bounce down the Street Like My Sons Lowered Focus ??????
LPHONEGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 12:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 4817
Drives: 1992 Taurus SHO
loudsho92 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to loudsho92 Send a message via Yahoo to loudsho92
Cool

If you go with Eibachs: Eibach Springs 2010+

You should be fine. If you slam it too much then you can have the ride problems.

-Performance: Turbo 297hp 279ftlb
-Drivetrain: CM Clutch,SHONut Mounts,QUAIFE
-Suspension: SS Coilovers, 24/26mm,Poly,Gen3,H-Brace, Subframe
-Brakes: Cobra front, 11.6 rear
-Looks: Sound System,Speedhut,Pilot Fogs,Clear Corners,Gen2 Console, CF Cowl Hood & Trunk
http://www.shosource.com
loudsho92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member Number: 50865
Drives: 2013 Taurus Limited, Nav, Spoiler, 20" whls.
patches is an unknown quantity at this point

Just installed Eibach's on the rear of my 2013 Limited. Looks much better, but still gives the appearance of forward rake. Some measurements:

Fenderwell height at axle c/l's was 30" front and 30 7/8"rear before. After install and about 50 miles over a week it measures 30" front and 29 3/4" rear.

What is more noticeable and gives the car the forward rake look is the seam below the doors where it transitions to matte black. This measurement before was 12" front(immediately behind front wheel opening), and 14 1/2" rear(immediately ahead of rear wheel opening). After the install, it was 12" front and 13 1/2" rear. Might not be as prominent on a black car-mine is white.

So far-no noticeabe difference in the ride. May do the front later, but like the looks now. Goes for alignment check this week. Will post results.
patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member Number: 50865
Drives: 2013 Taurus Limited, Nav, Spoiler, 20" whls.
patches is an unknown quantity at this point

Follow-up to my earlier post about Eibachs on rear of 2013 Taurus. Springs have settled 1/8" to 29 5/8" rear wheel well ht. and are probably where they will stay. Had the negative camber corrected today(which was really visible from low in the rear) Left was -1 7/8 and right was -2.

This Taurus had 18mm camber bolts-perfectly concentric-camber not adjustable. With the 81280 bolts, camber was easily adjusted.

BUT ---- There is an issue here we should all be aware of. These are 14mm bolts with a 16mm eccentric lobe. You get adjustment from the eccentric AND the slop of putting a 14mm bolt in 16mm holes in the control arm. The only thing keeping it from sliding around in the holes is the clamping force of the nut. I used the flange nut that came with the bolt to improve this force. Although thicker, the threads start in the flange so I got just as many threads engaged as the replacement nuts recommended. I used West Coast Wheel Alignment in Ft. Myers, FL. They have been in business many years, this is all they do, they have very knowledgeable people and excellent reputation. They believe the clamping force will keep it in place in normal use, but we found a way to mark the bolts so I can keep checking to see if they move. We need a better permanent solution.

Here are pictures taken today.
Attached Thumbnails
Lowering the Rear of a 10 Taurus-taurus-l-1-.jpg   Lowering the Rear of a 10 Taurus-taurus-l-2-.jpg  

Last edited by patches; 11-20-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: oops! Taurus had 16mm bolts, not 18
patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement