bpd1151's MASSIVE audio build (in progress, 01/17)..... - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Midwest Chapter Mod

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bpd1151 Send a message via Skype™ to bpd1151
Cool bpd1151's MASSIVE audio build (in progress, 01/17).....

I wanted to keep the community here, apprised of a significant mod currently under way, that has been in the works, since Fall of 2015.

Unbeknownst to most here, I have been purchasing components throughout calender year 2016, for a pending, massive audio build.

It started out in the Fall of 2015, whereas I took advantage of a fellow, Gen4 SHO owner who hails from Cali, and purchased a set of sub boxes from, and it has been in progress ever since.

I purchased all of the following since:

Two (2) 15" subwoofers
Two (2) 12" subwoofers
Two (2) 6x9's
Fours (4) 5x7's
Fours (4) tweeters
Four (4) Class 'D' digital amplifiers
One (1) Wifi/Bluetooth Enabled "Lockpick" Device
One (1) Additional Deep Cycle Battery

The setup above, is projected to push me past 3,300 watts of raw, clean audio power

Besides the above, I will also have installed several feet of additional LED lighting throughout the interior, trunk, and exterior. I am also considering one additional body mod, that I have yet to decide committing to.

My SHO was dropped off approximately two weeks ago for the custom install of all of the above, and I am anxiously looking forward to the 2017 car show/race season.

All of the work is being performed at this local facility: AC Shockwave - Premium Car Audio

More performance mods are on tap for 2017 as well, albeit during the Summer of 2017. Of which I anticipate placing my SHO even deeper into the 11's, if not dare I say the 10's.

I will update this thread with pics of the audio, as they occur, and will create new threads for the latest performance mods being undertaken.

As I always say........ STAY TUNED!!!
sheila likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

World's Highest AWHP SHO (Aug. 2014- June 2016), & World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO to date! Details Here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 04:03 PM

Chapter: Pacific Northwest

Looking forward to the details, pictures and the outcome of your build.

The car is already awesome. This will put it over the top!

2014 3.5 SEL AWD in Tuxedo Black Metallic

post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Midwest Chapter Mod

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrrR View Post
Looking forward to the details, pictures and the outcome of your build.

The car is already awesome. This will put it over the top!
Thank you for the kudos on my SHO.

You would be accurate in saying the audio build should put it "over the top".

A statement reflected in my own experiences at various shows in the past, whereas I was told directly by judging teams that the SHO scored well in all categories, with the only exception being the big 'ol goose egg in the audio category.

This was purposely done on my part, as my immediate goals with the SHO, were to achieve BOTH the power, and speed records for the platform.

Having conquered that, it was long over due I set sights on the audio project next.

That said, the 1st three weeks of the project, the car sat idle at the install shop, as they had other projects in front of mine (which I was aware of) that required completion, before mine began.

I found out last week, that all the materials had been ordered for mine, and I just received a pic text message from one of the installers yesterday, showing that the project is in it's infancy stages......

However, what I was NOT prepared for, was the inclusion of pink...... YES PINK! LED's!!!!!

Egads! Bunch of jokester's over there, lemme tell 'ya.

So the background on this, is that a good friend of mine, who is also a late Gen SHO owner, and lives on the East Coast, warned me he was going to call up the facility and suggest they install PINK LED's as a joke.

So, my dumb @$$ decides to go ahead and in turn, warn the shop, of the impending phone call.

They laughed and simply acknowledged that they understood, and would take care of it. Case closed.

Well as you can see from above, apparently they thought it was funny as well.

I told them if they didn't remove them, and install the proper color, I'd bring my entire arsenal over, and begin slowly injuring each one of them in a distinct, purposeful, methodical way. LOL.

So, hopefully more updates to follow, as they occur.

World's Highest AWHP SHO (Aug. 2014- June 2016), & World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO to date! Details Here:

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 03:56 PM

Following as I am an audiophile as well. Looking forward to seeing the build progress.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Midwest Chapter Mod

Garage
Got a call just now from owner of shop, he was wondering if I was stopping by today.....

Told him no, as I am fighting off a cold, and I am scheduled to work all weekend.

Told him I'd stop by this coming Monday, for week #4 update.

In the interim, he forwarded me a couple of pics, showing progress thus far. They are below:

So the 15's will be facing the interior. The "back wall" of the box for the 15's, which faces the trunk, will be a see through panel.

They've special ordered glass, and plan on finishing interior of box, illuminate it, etc.

They also removed the carpeting on the 12" boxes, re-fiberglassed it/re-shaped them partially.

Amps will be being installed in some sort of 'V' fashion.

Mind you, this is JUST THE TRUNK.

There will be more LED lighting being installed throughout the interior, as well as each door panel being modified to display the 5x7's in the doors.

More details as they unfold/occur.
sheila likes this.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Midwest Chapter Mod

Garage
Wiring has begun.

Car looks like strands of spaghetti strewn all about.

Power converter, and extra battery mounted.

I did not get to the shop this past Monday, as I've been sick. But finally broke down and saw doc today, and walked out of there with a mini pharmacy in hand.

So, I will try to stop by there tomorrow for an update, and possibly some addt'l pics.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Midwest Chapter Mod

Garage
Apparently the installers are clocking in late hours at the shop tonight.

Just was sent a few more pics..... they built a box to mount the amps. Did another test fit, to make sure all was snug as a bug.

Looks like next up will be wrapping of various stuff, wiring, then adding lighting. After that, the rear deck will be customized, as well as each door panel.

I had a laugh with them, stating that here I thought for some odd reason, that you know, the SHO trunk was/is cavernous.

Apparently not when one's shoe horning as much gear into the car as I am with this latest project.

Geezuz. *SMH*
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Midwest Chapter Mod

Garage
Stopped by the shop today.

What a beautiful day I might add. Crazy for February that Chicago's on the verge of breaking high temp records that were set wayyyyyyyy back in the 1880's.

Today, and everyday up until next Tuesday, is forecast to be in the mid 60's. Just gorgeous.

Anyhow, I retrieved all the (empty) component boxes as I like the (lockable) cases, and figured they were taking up unnecessary room at their facility.

Didn't bother with pics, as mostly all the work entailed them having run endless feet of wiring, and who cares about pics of that.

I did see that the amp rack (which they have affectionately dubbed the "cradle of power") was formed/routed out on the sides, in order to match the curve of the 12" sub boxes in each corner of the trunk.

Sharp! Let me tell 'ya, these installers are super talented and definitely have an eye for the visual flair.

Project's coming along really nicely. Very happy thus far. The installers did discuss with me some other ideas of addt'l plexi over each amp, in order to illuminate each one with a glow of some sorts.

I liked what they pitched and told them sure, do it. Also said the materials to wrap everything will be in on Monday.

Owner of the shop is really pushing hard now to get this done in time for the "World of Wheels" show that 1st weekend of March. I reiterated there's no F'n rush, however, if the planets align, then so be it. I'm guessing he really wants me in the show, but me personally? IDGAF. I walked away empty handed the last two years in a row, so I'm not really inclined to entertain the thought of participating.

So we'll see. Side note, good Lord there's been a literal $h!t ton of weight added to the car. More so than even I anticipated. Like I am glad now I upgraded to the Wilwood's at all four corners, just to stop this beast.

Still hopeful for new speed records, albeit AFTER the add on of the upgraded HPFP, as well as the custom built trans...... even if that entails me having to spend a day or so un-hooking all this crap, and removing it, to save the weight for track runs specifically.

But normal day to day street encounters, eh...... not so sure. Least for now. LOL.

Anyhow, what else? Oh yea, these guys played a REALLY GOOD PRANK ON ME.

Anticipating my arrival earlier in the week (& not knowing I was sick) the shop owner was all insistent that I come in because according to him, we "needed to talk". I was like "dude, I'm sick, not getting out of bed, yet alone coming to visit your @$$".

So he sends me the two following pics and says "Installers had a slight mishap".

Here's the pics:

So ofcourse I flip the F out, and am like "WTF!?!?!?".

Deep breaths. Deep breaths. I try to remain civil, and reply back "Hey, $h!t happens. It's all part of customizing I guess. As long as there's a plan to fix it".

Then, before the owner even says anything, I quip quickly "and no c0ck-a-manie ideas of slapping a sticker over it either!".

Owner laughs and replies "we were thinking of chucking a pink LED in that hole". Da f@ck!?!?! I was like "Ummm absolutely NOT!".

So, long story short, turned out it was all a joke. Apparently they do this to ALL of their customers who get big builds like this done, just to see the reaction of the car owners, and have a hearty laugh amongst themselves. Well they got me alright.

Turns out it's a half broken screw, that they simply place a small dab of black silicone on the broken side, and fasten it to an exterior panel, to give the appearance they perforated through it, from the inside.

Holy hell I laughed afterwards, but was simultaneously relieved. I chuckled though silently to myself, as I thought the following...... "paybacks are a b!tch".

Muahahahahaha.

I'll continue keeping the thread updated as progress unfolds. Everyone enjoy their weekend!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:19 PM
brn

Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

That's funny as heck, but I fear the day they do this to someone without a sense of humor.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Midwest Chapter Mod

Garage
Oh boy, lemme tell 'ya..... these guys are relentless in their jokes and poking fun at me.

Bunch of goof balls.

So they're in the process of adding lighting. Got a couple of pics of their initial efforts at illuminating each amp, with the plexi overlay and such.....

White (as I've specified).....

And then their joking at the pink still.....

Ugh. Lol.

Anyhow, more progress. Slowly but surely. Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page