radio control issue - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 51725
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2010 taurus limited
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
guydrevlow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default radio control issue

I bought my Taurus used and it is a 2010 limited. I have had it for about 2 months and it is having an issue all of a sudden with the radio and heat controls on the dash. The controls on the steering wheel are working fine. when I turn on the car the controls do not work but after a mile or two they start to work starting with the heat and moving up to the radio. if you push too many buttons the surround sound will test and the a/c seats will kick in on high. when all works the 3 and 6 memories do not work still. I can hear a click or snap noise under the passenger seat when i push a button on the dash when it starts to work. anyone with any ideas on what it is or how to fix it??
guydrevlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: A blue car
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like you either have a poor connection or the button module is bad and needs to be replaced.

Click under the seat might be the heated seat relay?
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member Number: 51725
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2010 taurus limited
guydrevlow is an unknown quantity at this point

poor connection - where should i start with the connections to see if i can find it?
button module - where is it located (is it the actual pannel) and how hard is it to get at and remove to replace?

the click happens whenever i press one of the buttons on the dash regardless of which one - like it is activating the device that is being selected.
guydrevlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: A blue car
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

Pull the dash panels out and check the connection on the back of the button panel. All the climate and radio buttons are part of one single "button module" instead of having about 100 separate wires back there for everything. Not exactly sure how to take it out on the newer cars, but you probably have to start by pulling off the trim bezel.

Not every button should make a click noise. You might have some other electrical problem. Can you locate the clicking noise more precisely?
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement