Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

New Grille Options for 2013+

10K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Ryserp3 
#1 ·
See less See more
Reactions: Josh
#5 ·
Yeah, I think they look pretty good. I'd take the gloss black one over a SHO grille considering the price is so cheap. And I like it better than the PI grill since you get to keep the chrome outline. I'd be interested to see how the chrome version looks.

#15 ·
Looks very good! I have a couple of questions:

Is it a rigid plastic material, or more flexible?

Does it glue on or tape on? Do you think it would be easy to take off and still have the grille look like the cover was never there?

Just some questions I imagine people will have.

If I wasn't searching for my own car, I'd definitely buy this.

#16 ·
Thank you!

It's a molded heavy duty plastic grille that uses 3m auto grade double sided tape. The black with red backing - aka the good stuff. It fits perfectly over the factory grille. My dad is in the sign business so I know how good the tape is. You usually need an adhesive remover to remove the residue, but it is very doable. It is a quality piece and is nice and glossy. The manufacturer did a very nice job. I feel the interceptor grille takes away from these cars because we have that nice chrome surround. For $160 vs $375-400 I love the look and it definitely doesn't look cheap. You can't tell it isn't factory imo.

#24 · (Edited)
They kinda look like the OE Limited grill a bit. Slight variation.

Slats are painted body colored in the Limited and Lower grill is same as SHO on the Limited

Been debating adding a little black tape to black out the chrome bars.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.