Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

2013 SEL 18" Tires

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  markfnc 
#1 ·
I'm in NC (so snow not a big issue), looking for quiet, smooth, long lasting new tires. Any advice on brands / stores etc? Please help.

#2 ·
I would normally give my Michelin plug here but I will branch out. I had a very good set of Pirelli Cintaurato P7 on my 13 SEL. When I am in the market I will look for them again. Mine were around $220 ish but those were for 19's Excellent ratings and real world experience in snow, rain, ice etc. Very low noise dry and good handling. I got mine through Tire Rack as a wheel and tire package.

#3 ·
I've done some research on Tire Rack.com Looks like the best base don ride, noise, and tread wear is Continental True Contact, and General Altimax RT43. General is less expensive, but not Made in USA, while Continental is.

Anyone had either? Experiences with them?

#5 ·
I wound up with the Continental PureContacts and they're serving me well.

On other vehicles, I've gone with the Goodyear Assurance Comfotreads and they're very good general purpose tires. I see others have purchased them for the 18" wheel on the Taurus.

The stock Michelin's are good in dry and wet conditions, but I feel they're overpriced. For less money, you can get one of the above, which are at least as good. The Michelin's in the snow, are downright dangerous. I replaced mine with lots of tread still left on them, because I wanted to live through a winter.

#6 ·
depends what you want if you want a smooth ride General Altimax RT43 is good, decent handling and smoothness would be Firestone Destination LE2, Conti Pure contact is smooth and handling is sharper than most, General AS-03 is great handeling and a little more aggressive ride, Conti DWS is razors edge handling and very good all weather

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.