2010 Limited lumbar system? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 37848
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 2010 Taurus Limited
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Forango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2010 Limited lumbar system?

Trying to figure out the lumbar control on our 2010 limited..it has a 4 way control setup and the manual seems to imply that you can adjust the bottom cushions firmness...however I have not been able to get that to work yet...

can anyone advise me as to whether the bottom cushion can be adjusted? I am just trying to figure out if I need to bring it in for service.

My dealer doesn't know and I noticed the newer limited's do not have 4 way control.
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 43818
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2010 Taurus SHO
mjhpadi has a spectacular aura about

I don't believe you can adjust the bottom cushion. With the multi-contour seats the bottom will do the massage feature, but I am not aware of any other adjustment other then up/down and tilt.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+X Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 160 Evenflo Thermostat, V3 Triton Switchback LED Front Parking/Turn Signal
2004 Ford Explorer Limited-Wife's Tow Vehicle
1999 Mercury Sable LS-Our "Beatermobile"
1999 Ford Taurus SE Wagon-'Our Family Truckster"
mjhpadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhpadi View Post
I don't believe you can adjust the bottom cushion. With the multi-contour seats the bottom will do the massage feature, but I am not aware of any other adjustment other then up/down and tilt.

so do the up and down buttons just activate different back lumbar zones?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Yes they do. The small button towards the front of the seat activates the massage feature of the seats, pushing it towards the front of the car activates the bottom of the seat for the massage feature, pushing the button towards the rear of the car activates the back massage...you can only have one massage activated at a time, and it takes a few seconds after pressing the button for the feature to activate.
To adjust the different lumbar zones press either up or down to activate what zone you want to adjust (I recommend pushing the down button 3 times, that way you know you are going to adjust the bottom lumbar zone). Once you have pressed the up or down button, then press the front portion of the button to increase firmness or the rear portion of the button to decrease firmness of the selected zone.
The manual also states that before activating the massage feature to first set the lumbar to your desired firmness, then use the massage feature. Also the massage feature does shut off after 20 minutes.
FYI, this information is out of my owner's manual and is correct...to adjust up/down and seat tilt use the large elongated buttons. Lastly on my seat the memory seat feature buttons are the last buttons towards the rear of the seat, but I believe they may have changed location of the buttons on later production...my car was built on Nov. 30, 2009. Hope this helps!
2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+X Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 160 Evenflo Thermostat, V3 Triton Switchback LED Front Parking/Turn Signal
Old 12-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhpadi View Post
Yes they do. The small button towards the front of the seat activates the massage feature of the seats, pushing it towards the front of the car activates the bottom of the seat for the massage feature, pushing the button towards the rear of the car activates the back massage...you can only have one massage activated at a time, and it takes a few seconds after pressing the button for the feature to activate.
To adjust the different lumbar zones press either up or down to activate what zone you want to adjust (I recommend pushing the down button 3 times, that way you know you are going to adjust the bottom lumbar zone). Once you have pressed the up or down button, then press the front portion of the button to increase firmness or the rear portion of the button to decrease firmness of the selected zone.
The manual also states that before activating the massage feature to first set the lumbar to your desired firmness, then use the massage feature. Also the massage feature does shut off after 20 minutes.
FYI, this information is out of my owner's manual and is correct...to adjust up/down and seat tilt use the large elongated buttons. Lastly on my seat the memory seat feature buttons are the last buttons towards the rear of the seat, but I believe they may have changed location of the buttons on later production...my car was built on Nov. 30, 2009. Hope this helps!
That does help thanks...my owner's manual seemed to be ALOT less imformative. LOL
Old 12-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Let me know how it works out and if you get everything working and set to your satisfaction. On a side not, I had to have my seats repaired because (for some unknown reason) both lower lumbar supports would inflate to maximum whenever they "felt" like inflating, without input from anyone. It happened on the passenger seat since the car was new and then started on the driver's seat this summer....both were repaired under warranty and work fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement