Project Gauge pod - Page 13 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #121 (permalink)

Member Number: 46045
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 93 Green SHO, 2011 Kona Blu SHO w/12a pk, airaid,dynomax,tune to come sho,
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
shoman04 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_05_SEL View Post
Sounds like SHOForum to me. They tend to act douchey towards owners of the new cars- which are the 6th generation, FYI to the new guys.

Using '4th Gen' to describe the 2010+ cars was coined for the high and mighty ex-Bimmernazis or Porschephiles -turned SHOwners- who refuse to accept that a SHO is a Taurus, not some separate and uber-exclusive model line.
hi brian. I was thinking it was SH0Forum to, I started looking at buying gen 4 SHO IN 2009 ON bringbackthesho, they had a link to SHOForum I try to join them then and got turn down. they still haven't let me in.
And on the gen ?ion I'm retired navy and we name airplane by letters F-14's like F-14A,F-14B, no C, F-14D. LIKE A GEN I,II, no III, IV they have FV-14D Photo mod, FB-14D bomber, there were no ABorC photo/bomber so all of them are gen IV. D mod but the airforce call FB-111A a gen I, BUT it was build on F-111G . So if the miltary can't made up there minds why should Taurus and SHO family fight about it. I owned a 93 SHO, love the body of 2000-2006 shock , and now have 2011 SHO. WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE OF EACH. PS it not a SHOW but a S.H.O.!!!! I use both S.H.O. is spcecial but SHOW sound cool. SHOW-OFF , SHOW-OUT, SHOW-UP, IT's all good. We are all Taurus brothers and sisters.
shoman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #122 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 43818
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2010 Taurus SHO
mjhpadi has a spectacular aura about

I left the place you're talking about because of the way they treated people who were new. I really don't even bother with them at all, because all the Gen 6 guys have moved to the Ecoboost Owners Forum and it's much nicer place. Lots of info exchanged and a much better friendlier place.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+X Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 160 Evenflo Thermostat, V3 Triton Switchback LED Front Parking/Turn Signal
2004 Ford Explorer Limited-Wife's Tow Vehicle
1999 Mercury Sable LS-Our "Beatermobile"
1999 Ford Taurus SE Wagon-'Our Family Truckster"
mjhpadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #123 (permalink)

Drives: 93 Green SHO, 2011 Kona Blu SHO w/12a pk, airaid,dynomax,tune to come sho,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhpadi View Post
I left the place you're talking about because of the way they treated people who were new. I really don't even bother with them at all, because all the Gen 6 guys have moved to the Ecoboost Owners Forum and it's much nicer place. Lots of info exchanged and a much better friendlier place.
Yep Brain befriended me at TCCA and bpd1151 invited me to EB.I love both groups.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #124 (permalink)
Midwest Chapter Mod

Member Number: 43942
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2010 Taurus SHO, 402B pkg, modified.
bpd1151 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to bpd1151 Send a message via Skype™ to bpd1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman04 View Post
I was thinking it was SH0Forum to...

I started looking at buying Gen 4 SHO in 2009.

On bringbackthesho, they had a link to SHOForum.

I tried to join them, then and got turned down. They still haven't let me in.

We are all Taurus brothers and sisters.
Yep, that nasty SHF place would be the site almost all of us late model 2010-2012+ fled from because as Brian so eloquently states it... the douche baggery from the older owners.

It really is too bad as I would completely agree with the last part of your statement that we are all fellow Taurus family, regardless of trim levels and/or model years.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that they are actively declining new membership, especially God forbid, if it happens to be an owner of the newer models. Seems on par with the mentality of the majority of their membership and their ADMIN staff.

Too good for their own britches.

Oh well, shoman04, you got yourself a great SHO, sounds like you also had a great previous model as well, just glad to have you here and over at EcoBoostOwnerForums too so we can all hang out and share our experiences with other Taurus owners who appreciate and respect others.

2010 SHO (#690 of 1,064) WORLD's HIGHEST Horsepower Ecoboost SHO!! 617AWHP 608AWTQ! Mod's here: http://www.hkmediachicago.com/#!sponsored/cnos

Car Of The Month: January 2013
Car Of The Year: 2013
bpd1151 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd1151 View Post
Yep, that nasty SHF place would be the site almost all of us late model 2010-2012+ fled from because as Brian so eloquently states it... the douche baggery from the older owners.

It really is too bad as I would completely agree with the last part of your statement that we are all fellow Taurus family, regardless of trim levels and/or model years.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that they are actively declining new membership, especially God forbid, if it happens to be an owner of the newer models. Seems on par with the mentality of the majority of their membership and their ADMIN staff.

Too good for their own britches.

Oh well, shoman04, you got yourself a great SHO, sounds like you also had a great previous model as well, just glad to have you here and over at EcoBoostOwnerForums too so we can all hang out and share our experiences with other Taurus owners who appreciate and respect others.
I love both forum (TCCA & EB ) I work nights and co. internet will not let me on EB doing brakes
Old 03-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #126 (permalink)

Member Number: 43813
Drives: 2011 sho
crash712us is on a distinguished road

Hey guys I thought I would do a little refresh on the gauge pods to show what is available. These pods will fit all taurus's 2010-2013. Below is the black face plate pod that has similar pattern so center console on sho, for those who have don't sho's I am sure I could replicate your center console. No gauges are included

This pod shown is with the woven aluminum trim and the face plate is cut from the same material as the aluminum trim in our cars.

So if you are interested getting on my list, or prices. please email at crash712us@att.net. As I would like to start collecting deposits for. This build will only be 10-15 pods, and I can't be certain if there will be a 3rd run of. Due to usable life span of the silicon rubber mold that they are casted from.

Last edited by crash712us; 01-01-2013 at 08:42 PM.
crash712us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:01 AM   #127 (permalink)
Midwest Chapter Mod

Member Number: 43942
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2010 Taurus SHO, 402B pkg, modified.
bpd1151 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to bpd1151 Send a message via Skype™ to bpd1151

We are making very slow, but steady progress this week on my installs.....

Today we got my gauges hooked up (well at least all the power to them).

All the sensors are in place, but we called it a night after having gotten a very late start today.

Here's a pic of at least my gauges illuminated only...... I was quite pleased with their overall appearance.

Not only because of Chris's absolutely out-of-this world gauge pod, but also with how well the officially licensed set Ford Racing Series gauges coincides with the OEM instrument cluster.

This pic is horse poop in comparison to seeing them in person, but yea, both the gauges and Chris's pod are kick @ss for sure

2010 SHO (#690 of 1,064) WORLD's HIGHEST Horsepower Ecoboost SHO!! 617AWHP 608AWTQ! Mod's here: http://www.hkmediachicago.com/#!sponsored/cnos

Car Of The Month: January 2013
Car Of The Year: 2013
bpd1151 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #128 (permalink)

Member Number: 51999
Drives: i have 03 ford taurus dohc v6
carlson is an unknown quantity at this point

thats real nice now do u know where i could find gauge pods for 03 ford taurus dohc ive been looking ever where kind seem to find anyy ??
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #129 (permalink)

Member Number: 43813
Drives: 2011 sho
crash712us is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlson View Post
thats real nice now do u know where i could find gauge pods for 03 ford taurus dohc ive been looking ever where kind seem to find anyy ??

Sorry friend, they are probably not available. As why I had to create and build my own.
crash712us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #130 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 43818
Drives: 2010 Taurus SHO
mjhpadi has a spectacular aura about

And a few extra for some lucky enough to get them...they really are awesome!
2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+X Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 160 Evenflo Thermostat, V3 Triton Switchback LED Front Parking/Turn Signal
2004 Ford Explorer Limited-Wife's Tow Vehicle
1999 Mercury Sable LS-Our "Beatermobile"
1999 Ford Taurus SE Wagon-'Our Family Truckster"
mjhpadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement