Ordered new calipers, different pistons. - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

AutoZone has given me problematic parts, but also good parts. Never ever buy their tools. I bought a wrench once, 8mm in size, way overpriced, was too large and wouldn't fit on the nut. Made me mad. Different 8mm wrench fit fine.

The sway bar links I bought there are fine, but they keep coming loose. Now that I got ratcheting wrenches, I'm going to really tighten these bad boys up!

For tools I go to harbor freight. For parts I go to rockauto.com, amazon.com, or napa, advance auto, and o'reilly auto parts. Autozone I ONLY go to if it's on my way home and I need brake cleaner. HAH!

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 25751
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: (2) 2001 Taurus and 2006 Taurus
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Automender12345 is a jewel in the rough

I agree about AZ I don't like repackaged parts that the store names themself. I lke Advanced Auto Parts, but they have crappy parts also. Recently bought a water pump on line and picked up in store. The description said GMB or Tough One. Well they gave me a Tough One which the quality was bad. Thin casting, the shaft was 2/3 the diameter and impeller was half thickness. So I exchanged it for a GMB at another Advance Auto Parts.
Automender12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member Number: 52447
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2003 Ford Taurus 3.0 OHV
Trader Score: 0 reviews
jumbo_tron is an unknown quantity at this point

I frequent Harbor Freight quite often, mainly for things that I may only use once but for their prices if it fails I'm not out a whole lot. I usually end up going in for one item and coming out with a whole basket of crap.

I was going to order all parts through Rockauto with Wagner Thermoquiets, cheap rotors, and basically any of their calipers, which cardone remanufactures most of the brands anyway I believe. Shipping would have come to almost $100.00 and I didn't want to pay that. I've ordered a lot through RockAuto and love them but their prices just couldn't cut it this time.
-I got free shipping through AZ as well as 20% off

The issue with my caliper looks like a mistake is all to me. Give me another set of remanufactured calipers from anyone else and I imagine they will say Ford just like these, have the same seals and everything. I called Autozone today and I will be going down Friday to pick up the correct one.

I'm not an Autozone fanboy or anything but I got a good deal and good service from them previously and if it works hey, great. If not, I will be the first back on this forum telling you what to avoid.

In fact my favorite auto store is O'Reilly and Advance, won't touch NAPA anything anymore they've done me wrong too many times.
jumbo_tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement