2000 Taurus Sedan and front n rear springs - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member Number: 49590
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2000 4 door sedan gen4 3.0L OHV V6 Vulcan
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
pontiacinf is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automender12345 View Post
Quick struts for the rear on a taurus run around $100 each on sale. I boughta spare set with three taurus in the garage. Fronts were about $135 each on sale from Advance Auto Parts.

I bought rear springs from Ford for $25 each about eight years ago.
my next projects will be the front I guess what you call quick struts and I would also like to replace the rotors and pads after reading about warped rotors due to air tools etc, it seems to be the only thing I feel now which is just a slight disruption when braking-I have a friend who can do struts and the rest I could do myself but seeing as he has to put his end back together ....
pontiacinf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 85
crackhead has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to crackhead Send a message via Yahoo to crackhead

FYI: Your friend will have the brake caliper off when he replaces the struts.

Also Rock Auto is usually a lot cheaper then any local box stores and don't forget about the 5% discount code.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 25751
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: (2) 2001 Taurus and 2006 Taurus all OHVs
Automender12345 is a splendid one to beholdAutomender12345 is a splendid one to behold

I find if you are planning projects that Advance Auto Parts is a place to consider. I signed up for emails and they send notices for % off sales. Every holiday they usually give 20% off everything and recently they have 15-20% off a fifty dollar order and they a coupon for 25 dollars off the next $50 dollar order. They also do that on $100 orders. Always check prices but you can't beat that 50% off deal. I have a set a struts , waterpump, trans mount, timing gaskets, two front strut links, eight motorcraft oil filters and belt tensioner in my cabinet from these deals. I have three taurus that use the same parts. I found MOOG ball joints cheapest on ebay. I was lucky to picked up two for less that $20 each with shipping. Normally $42 each. I got two of those in my cabinet and a MOOG outer tie rod end for $17. It's great having all the same cars.
Automender12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 10865
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sheila is a splendid one to beholdsheila is a splendid one to behold

^+1 on having all the same cars, lol!
sheila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member Number: 49590
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 2000 4 door sedan gen4 3.0L OHV V6 Vulcan
pontiacinf is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automender12345 View Post
I find if you are planning projects that Advance Auto Parts is a place to consider. I signed up for emails and they send notices for % off sales. Every holiday they usually give 20% off everything and recently they have 15-20% off a fifty dollar order and they a coupon for 25 dollars off the next $50 dollar order. They also do that on $100 orders. Always check prices but you can't beat that 50% off deal. I have a set a struts , waterpump, trans mount, timing gaskets, two front strut links, eight motorcraft oil filters and belt tensioner in my cabinet from these deals. I have three taurus that use the same parts. I found MOOG ball joints cheapest on ebay. I was lucky to picked up two for less that $20 each with shipping. Normally $42 each. I got two of those in my cabinet and a MOOG outer tie rod end for $17. It's great having all the same cars.

Im with Sheila that is a great deal you have going there.

I have to admit the car drives a whole deal better now, and funny but next 5 days are forcast as below 0 first time this year and that many days has me nervous cause that is what it was like when the rear broke and all I did was just get in the car my own weight snapped it and im only 170. I hear people say they hate their car but geesh I really love mine. Thats her name-Loved.
pontiacinf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.