Negative Camber Issue - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: A blue car
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

If the struts move with the sway bars connected, then they're loose! The struts should not really move, they only compress and pivot.

If your at a 10/16" change over 16" then that would be a camber of -2.2.
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
I'm Watching You!

Member Number: 37681
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 01 Sable Wagon Duratec
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud of

Endlinks have no effect on alignment. Worn springs(most likely), bad strut mount, bad ball joints, bad wheel bearing, worn LCA would be the culprits.

On a side note...... please use some sentence structure with capital letters, and proper punctuation. It's hard to read the initial post. To me it looks like one run on sentence...........

Vote for me
sousa632 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
moy

Member Number: 51203
Drives: 2008 Dodge Charger 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 2007 Ford F-350
moy is an unknown quantity at this point

sousa,
For the 4th damn time, I KNOW IT'S NOT THE END LINKS!!!! oh sorry bro i didn't know this was a composition course also, or that they were English nerds on TCCA, what a joke, and if you would of actually read my initial post you would of read that i replaced all parts new.
moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
moy

Member Number: 51203
Drives: 2008 Dodge Charger 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 2007 Ford F-350
moy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok to those who are serious.... ruled out whole sway bar dilemma and still didn't change.. now i have officially replaced everything on both sides, except for the cv axle. I dont think the cv axle should change anything though. Right? Another alignment shop said that they can repair the problem the same way like any other alignment... is that true??
moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Moy, please watch what you're saying. Sometimes people don't understand that you DON"T always have to reply to something someone says. You know it isn't the endlinks, he was just confirming.

We aren't english nerds, we are people who are trying to help you. We can more easily help you when we understand what you are saying. I think we are all having a hard time communicating with you.

Replacing all new parts without diagnosing the problem doesn't always fix it, sometimes can make it worse, just ask behlinla for his opinion.

Souza - please don't reply back to him.

As to your alignment issue, no the CV joints shouldn't change alignment. I'd take it to someone that knows what they are doing personally, I'm at a loss to why this is happening.

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cake monster

Member Number: 18214
Drives: none right now
JW657 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by moy View Post
Ok to those who are serious.... ruled out whole sway bar dilemma and still didn't change.. now i have officially replaced everything on both sides, except for the cv axle. I dont think the cv axle should change anything though. Right? Another alignment shop said that they can repair the problem the same way like any other alignment... is that true??
I'm sure if you take it to a any decent alignment shop they will either put it into alignment or can at least tell you why they can't. I mean, it is their job after all. If they couldn't do that sort of thing, why would they be in business? I would let the shop worry about it.

JW657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
I'm Watching You!

Member Number: 37681
Drives: 01 Sable Wagon Duratec
Trader Score: 1 reviews
sousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud ofsousa632 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeves002 View Post
Moy, please watch what you're saying. Sometimes people don't understand that you DON"T always have to reply to something someone says. You know it isn't the endlinks, he was just confirming.

We aren't english nerds, we are people who are trying to help you. We can more easily help you when we understand what you are saying. I think we are all having a hard time communicating with you.

Replacing all new parts without diagnosing the problem doesn't always fix it, sometimes can make it worse, just ask behlinla for his opinion.

Souza - please don't reply back to him.

As to your alignment issue, no the CV joints shouldn't change alignment. I'd take it to someone that knows what they are doing personally, I'm at a loss to why this is happening.
Thank you Sam. Having an attitude will not get you far around here. And that is all I will say...........

Vote for me
sousa632 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

That's one weird emoji, LOL!

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 4817
Drives: 1992 Taurus SHO
loudsho92 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to loudsho92 Send a message via Yahoo to loudsho92
Cool

Quote:
Yes it is very common for the Taurus for the camber to be fixed in this manner. I would have the shop do the repair due to the issues you are having. Also having the print out and receipt would help with selling the car.

-Performance: Turbo 297hp 279ftlb
-Drivetrain: CM Clutch,SHONut Mounts,QUAIFE
-Suspension: SS Coilovers, 24/26mm,Poly,Gen3,H-Brace, Subframe
-Brakes: Cobra front, 11.6 rear
-Looks: Sound System,Speedhut,Pilot Fogs,Clear Corners,Gen2 Console, CF Cowl Hood & Trunk
http://www.shosource.com
loudsho92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member Number: 26241
Drives: 03 SES FFV
nytaurusabuser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
but as soon as i start taking turns the negative camber appears,
The camber will change as you steer, the top of the strut is aft and inboard of the bottom of the strut - so you're not turning on an axis that's perfectly horizontal, so you can't expect it to keep camber as you turn on the axis of the strut.

The change in camber while steering is advantageous to keeping the contact patch of the tire correct based on the side load, this is by design, and it also helps reduce your turning radius slightly. Also, as you steer and the car is in motion, the spring will compress which will affect camber as well (negative camber on the side your steering away from.

You stated that you replaced the springs - make sure you have the correct springs for the car - check the ride height against specs for the car. More than -2 degrees when the car is straight and level isn't likely going to straightened out completely by cutting the strut plates, and getting out to the limit once the plates are cut can cause problems with the spring/strut contacting the wheel well or the inner fender liner as the struts turn on their axis.
nytaurusabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement