Factory Alarm On 2002 Taurus - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2004, 11:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member Number: 3933
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
digdug123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I am experiencing the same alarm problems with my 2001 taurus.

The alarm began going off occasionally last week.

Took it to the dealer Monday... they removed the hood pin switch... alarm still went off on Tuesday.

Took it back this morning and they now seem to think it is the keypad entry system that is causing the problem. They are going to replace it for $120.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the keypad entry system and the alarm... the dealer said it looks like the keypad was waterlogged.

Thanks,
digdug123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2004, 09:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member Number: 1409
sokolich has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by digdug123@Oct 6 2004, 11:14 AM
I am experiencing the same alarm problems with my 2001 taurus.

The alarm began going off occasionally last week.

Took it to the dealer Monday... they removed the hood pin switch... alarm still went off on Tuesday.

Took it back this morning and they now seem to think it is the keypad entry system that is causing the problem.* They are going to replace it for $120.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the keypad entry system and the alarm... the dealer said it looks like the keypad was waterlogged.

Thanks,
Hi all!

See my original post. Took my 2002 Taurus to the dealer yesterday and they spent a day trying to diagnose why the alarm is going off. They found nothing!! They can't duplicate it and their only thought was that it is the "module" that might be defective. Otherwise they just threw up their hands and gave up.

I have no idea what to do next.

Scott
sokolich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member Number: 3933
digdug123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I finally got a resolution for my alarm problem... and the fix was amazingly simple.

I guess that the rubber bumpers in the trunk lid had been worn down and evidently this was causing the alarm to go off.

They replaced the bumpers and I have not had the alarm problem since...

my .02
digdug123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member Number: 1409
sokolich has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by digdug123@Nov 8 2004, 01:38 PM
I finally got a resolution for my alarm problem... and the fix was amazingly simple.

I guess that the rubber bumpers in the trunk lid had been worn down and evidently this was causing the alarm to go off.

They replaced the bumpers and I have not had the alarm problem since...

my .02
Digdug123:
I took my 2002 in to the dealer last week and they could not find anything wrong. They did every test possible and the alarm would not go off. They said that the only thing that could be causing it was maybe the battery was low. I came home and the other day the alarm went off three times in a row. I replaced the battery and it still does it.
Maybe I will take a look at the bumpers.

Thanks!
Scott
sokolich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member Number: 3978
mjolley has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to mjolley

On my 04, there is no sensor for the trunk lid...which kind of annoys me, because it's yet another example of the virus-like cost cutting Ford does relentlessly...adding some new features (message center) at the expense of a dozen "little things" people come to expect.

My 98 could tell me when the trunk was open, and judging from the posts here, the trunk lid was also wired in to the alarm system...as it should be.

I don't know why forcing the trunk open wouldn't set the alarm off, considering I know some people here have had their trunks broken in to. Why does Ford insist on doing things like this?

Just thought I'd throw that out there...not all models have a trunk sensor.

And as far as I know, the system has never had a shock sensor, for the person who was trying to set it off by rocking the car. You can wail on the car all you want and as long as you don't open a door (or "force" the lock cylinder) it won't go off.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member Number: 5929
hillbilly.wv has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have an '02 Taurus and its alarm goes off when it rains. This doesn't happen while I'm driving, but when the car is parked and locked. it happens. The other night I opened the hood and pressed the hood switch several times and worked it around a little bit. Later that night it rained hard, and no spontaneous alarm. Might be a coincidence, but I hope I'm on to something.
hillbilly.wv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member Number: 8124
dbspringfield has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have a 04 Taurus and have not had the problem yet.
There should be a Ford service bulletin on this problem.

It seems to be a switch problem under the hood, in the door, in the trunk, or on the outside keypad assembly.
dbspringfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement