Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Help rear driver side power window doesn't work Taurus 2002 SES

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ice445 
#1 ·
Hi Gang!

I'd appreciate help in diagnosing my rear driver side power window does not work.

All 3 other windows work fine. The window lock is not on. With the car turned on neither the front switch or rear door h moves the window.

Where can I find the relay for that window to test?

How is the wiring routed. I read Tauruses have problems with bad wires.

Does a single window have its own fuse? Or are all 4 windows on a single fuse?

Any suggestions on what to check would be appreciated.

Thanks

Maxi

#2 · (Edited)
It's a common failure for some reason. Mine failed as well. I diagnosed mine as a bad motor. If the driver side front window works (along with the others), it's unlikely to be a wiring issue (or a fuse or relay, it's all shared on these) I'm going to go out on a limb and assume yours also has a failed motor. You can check this quickly without pulling the door apart. For starters, try both window switches and listen very closely to the inside of the door. Do you hear a motor? If not, that's a good sign it's a motor failure. Secondly, try slamming the door from the inside while holding the switch. Try doing it a few times. It might spring to life. Next step after that is pulling the door panel and testing the motor directly.

#3 ·
Just "fixed" at 03 Sable with this issue. I could hear the relay click when you tried the window so I was thinking a bad motor. Pulled the door panel and then the motor. The motor is easy just 3 bolts that are accessible. I dropped the motor getting it out but when bench tested it was working just fine. Put it back in and all was well. I am thinking it has a stuck brush or similar and the little jar dropping it was the trick. Car has low miles and on a back door I did not think the motor was likely to be worn out.

Reactions: ice445
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.