installed eatc! shows displays & radio works but no climate control - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 18455
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 95 Mercury Sable GS 3.0L Vulcan V6 02 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe 3.0L DOHC 24V
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 2 reviews
rockysocs271 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry installed eatc! shows displays & radio works but no climate control

After much debate I decided to install eatc. Yea I was hesitant I like the good old' knobs but I thought it'd be fun to do so thought what the hell. Now I followed the tut by tauruskev, which was great btw if I didn't have that I would have shot myself hours ago. Everything is installed all connectors are connected and vacuum lines and what not. When power comes on the radio works just fine, as does the eatc DISPLAY. It will let me adjust temp and speed and everything but nothing kicks on, not even a try. So now, its freaking December and I have no heat for my mornings... I'm a grown man but I will cry if I don't have heat. I hate the cold! I should mention also the rear defrost comes on.I hear it click so I know it does.

Anyone got any clues or ideas I'll try anything. I'm desperate its been 8 ive working on this!

Already:
Checked all wires
Checked vacuum lines
Checked connectors
Tried the diagnostic (shows nothing then when I exit "000")

Everything is fine.
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Do you hear the blend door move when you change it from head too feet? To be honest I don't know much about gen 2 EATC, but thought I'd give it a go and try to help you out.

Something must not be wired up right. If the blower doesn't turn on then it's a matter of wiring, especially if the blend door is moving.

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Drives: 95 Mercury Sable GS 3.0L Vulcan V6 02 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe 3.0L DOHC 24V

Thank you it's actually on my 02 taurus. the donor car was an 00 sable so i know it should work. Just baffled. I don't hear a thing when any buttons are pressed. almost like nothing is on. blend door doesn't move, fan doesn't "attempt" or anything. I've been watching this forum like a hawk i made the 40 minute drive to work with my window half down so it wouldn't fog up! - big mistake i froze too my seats!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, then this is up my forte if it's on a gen 4!

Are you sure there is vacuum? If the blend door isn't moving, that sounds like a lack of vacuum. I know if you have stock EATC that it will default to defrost when the vacuum goes away.

I'm not sure on the manual to auto swaps, but just try a few things here. If you pop the ICP back out and unplug it (radio and EATC), will it begin to blast hot air out of the defrost? That's what it does with stock eatc at least. Again I don't know if when you swap it it will do the same.

Link to the guide you used please? Someone who knows more about this can chime in at any moment.

2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Just went out and double checked vacuum lines and theyre all hooked up and airs flowing in (checked the engine compt.) unplugged nothing blows at all its like theres no temp heat/ac built into the car - for a lack of better terms. all wires all connected grounded and what not. its just weird the display works just fine.

http://www.*****************/topic/1...ith-2000-2007/

I hope I'm allowed to post this on here. Followed it step for step.

replace ** with

taurus
owners
.com
Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Well it may be powered and grounded correctly, but something else may be wrong.

I'll read that write up later and try to think of anything you may have missed. You should start a thread over on TSOC about this.

It's okay to post TSOC links in my opinion. I'm going to ask the administrator about that. Looks like he may be sick today though as he isn't online. It's a silly rule - I post TCCA links on TSOC sometimes - no one gets mad at me.

2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Old 12-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just posted over there. Thanks for the help so far. I took my circuit tester out there and it all looked good. Except the blower motor, i don't know if i should have a light pop up for that or no (big orange and black wire) Sorry im really tired and still trying to figure this out so i don't have to stay up till 3 in the morning again.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Drives: A blue car
Trader Score: 0 reviews
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm not sure what you've tested so far, but here's how I would check it.

Start will the fuses under the dash. With the key on, make sure you have power to both sides of fuses #8, #16, and #28.

You said you don't have power at the orange/black wire at the blower, so go up the chain and see if you have power at the pink/white wire going into the blower controller with the blower on (make sure you get the pink wire in the 3-wire harness going into the module, not the wire that goes to the fan). If you don't have power there, then the blower relay isn't closing or fuse #8 is blown (or possibly a bad relay).

If the relay isn't closing, make sure you have +12V at the yellow wire of the RCC module with the key on. When the RCC turn on the blower relay that wire should be grounded.
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Well I think he's got it figured out. He hadn't run a vacuum line to the RCC. (Saw the thread over on TSOC).

2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Old 12-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Drives: A blue car
Trader Score: 0 reviews
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeves002 View Post
Well I think he's got it figured out. He hadn't run a vacuum line to the RCC. (Saw the thread over on TSOC).
So that shuts down the blower?
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement