installed eatc! shows displays & radio works but no climate control - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sam
breeves002

Member Number: 49890
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2008 Mercury Sable Premier
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

No that doesn't! Sorry, he already fixed that problem by rewiring everything, then he could get whatever temperature he wanted, but only out of the defrost. Reason being vacuum wasn't connected to RCC.

2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2012 Kia Soul Base AT 1.6GDI
2004 Acura TSX 2.4
Moved On: 2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member Number: 18455
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 95 Mercury Sable GS 3.0L Vulcan V6 02 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe 3.0L DOHC 24V
Trader Score: 2 reviews
rockysocs271 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry getting back so late, I kept getting an error when trying to login! invalid redirect address or something like that when trying.

so UPDATE: I've gotten all the vents to work which is pretty exciting. there's a sixth hole on the rrc vacuum lines that needed plugged. I'm not sure what it was for when i pulled it out of the car it didn't have anything attached too it which i thought that was how it was supposed to be. I just plugged it up and that solved the issue. Now the new issue i have is it will only blow on the high setting! When i turn the ac off, it automatically goes to defrost mode until the car is turned off. I went to HWY 101 autoparts and they let me try another blower motor resistor and it didn't make a difference so i know that's not it. Am i missing something so small here it will be the death of me?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 14275
Drives: A blue car
Trader Score: 0 reviews
behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

With EATC the blower motor has a blower module instead of a blower resistor. The blower module allows the EATC to infinitely adjust the blower speed. So did you forget to do the blower module swap?

FYI, defrost is the "default" position when the climate control is off.
behlinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #14 (permalink)

Drives: 95 Mercury Sable GS 3.0L Vulcan V6 02 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe 3.0L DOHC 24V

Yea sorry that's what I meant. The black metal box with the yellow tubing attached to the side of it (bracketed on the side). Its all there all hooked up and no matter what I try it still just continue to blow out when its completely off. I know the module works I've had 2 tested on and they work it just won't adjust the speed or shut off.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

behlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond reputebehlinla has a reputation beyond repute

Well, for that you're going to be interested in orange/black wire (the thin one) that runs between the blower module and the RCC module. I'm not sure of the exact control scheme, but if that wire is grounded out or not connected it might force the blower module to default to full-speed operation.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #16 (permalink)

That was it!! I cannot believe it. It was connected at the blower module but at the ICP the wire was still in but it wasn't clipped in!! I watched as I pushed it on and it would push it out a little. It didn't look like it at a blank stare because its taped up to the very end. I am still in shock that I didn't catch that.

I am now happy to say I have a full functioning eatc in my car!

Was it worth the work? Hell no!

Is it worth it to have? Hell yes! Lol

Thanks to everyone for your help wouldn't have got it if it wasn't for you guys.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Congratulations! Glad you figured it out! Lots of work to get it installed, and hopefully less work while you're driving!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement