Anti Theft Alarm Going Off In The Heat - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 19378
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2001 FORD TAURUS SEL 3.0L
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
24theroad has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hello good people i have a 2001 sel dohc. my problem is my alarm goes off when the car is locked sitting outside when the temp is over 70 for 2 hrs. I have replaced the theft switch under the front hood. my car has 140,000 miles on it is this a comon problem?? does anyone know if there is a sensor on the in side of the car i need to change and how to do it. this is my first post please bear with me thanks.
24theroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 1771
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 00 SEL Sedan DOHC
Trader Score: 7 reviews
Bull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bull Geek Send a message via MSN to Bull Geek

to TCCA. Make sure to check the topic finder link at the top and use the search feature, you'll fine some older threads that might help ya out

Check over the thread about my alarm problem here...lots of good information: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=56545

-True Blue MC 2003 Lincoln Town Car | V8 SOHC/4R70W | 55K
-Silver Frost MC 2000 Ford Taurus SEL | V6 DOHC/AX4N | 198K
--Wood paneled 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Colony Park wagon | V8 OHV/AOD | 180K ish?
--Ugly Colored 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Colony Park wagon | V8 OHV/AOD | 303K miles!
Former...
'87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan
Bull Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member Number: 20380
Victim-O-Changes has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Same problem here- same year, same car. 155k.

The alarm went off (the first week i bought it) at my Dad's house during a hot afternoon, and it went off 3 times this weekend during the hot afternoons (while I was away) It's BLACK, and sits in the sun all closed up (I'd imagine the interior temps would get over 130deg or so...?

I've only had the car a few days, but I've yet to have it happen to me. I assume this is because I have the windows down/moonroof open most of the time...??

I'm have done reading Nick's thread now...hopefully there are some posts about HEAT setting the alarm off, because I am fairly sure that is what the problem is at this time...
Victim-O-Changes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 1387
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 1997 Ford Taurus GL 2001 Mercury Sable LS Premium
firespirit has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to firespirit Send a message via MSN to firespirit Send a message via Yahoo to firespirit

Just unplug the trunk latch alarm. Mine was going off in severe cold only.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member Number: 21364
Fordboi4life has a little shameless behaviour in the past

As a temp. fix you could simply lock the car but pushin down the lock pin/plunger on the door. This locks the car but does not arm the alarm.. locking with the remote or pressing the power lock button on the drivers door (while open) will always set the system..

Also the facotry (ford) alarm sytem is a basic alarm and does not measure heat or anything like that.. when the system is set It "guards" all doors, trunk and hood. If any of them are opened without a "valid" unlock event the system will trigger (flashing hazards-horn honking)

So the problem involves one of your door, hood or trunk sensors thinking that a door hood or truck is being opened when its really closed.. what you have to do is narrow down which sensor it is that bad and get it replaced. Most of time its the hood sensor thats tripping the alarm. the dealership can actually look up the last alarm event and they can scan which sensor set off the alarm last.

hope this helps ;-)
good luck
Fordboi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement