Gen Iv Cd Changer Mounting ? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 11534
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
bullitt has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I recently purchased a cd changer and was given the trunk mounting brackets (not the console) as well as the cables. The changer works great but I am unable to determine where it is supposed to be mounted. I know it goes somewhere in the drivers side part of the trunk but I can not for the life of me see where. If anyone has pics or can let me know where it is to be mounted that would be great.
bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 1771
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 00 SEL Sedan DOHC
Trader Score: 7 reviews
Bull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bull Geek Send a message via MSN to Bull Geek

Quote:
I recently purchased a cd changer and was given the trunk mounting brackets (not the console) as well as the cables. The changer works great but I am unable to determine where it is supposed to be mounted. I know it goes somewhere in the drivers side part of the trunk but I can not for the life of me see where. If anyone has pics or can let me know where it is to be mounted that would be great.
[/b]
You actually need the trunk lining for CD Changer equipped vehicles. You can either grab that out of a junkyard (or buy it from a dealer), or you can install the changer elsewhere in the trunk. I've attached a picture to show you the OEM placement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02_ses_cd_changer.jpg (82.3 KB, 890 views)

-True Blue MC 2003 Lincoln Town Car | V8 SOHC/4R70W | 55K
-Silver Frost MC 2000 Ford Taurus SEL | V6 DOHC/AX4N | 198K
--Wood paneled 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Colony Park wagon | V8 OHV/AOD | 180K ish?
--Ugly Colored 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Colony Park wagon | V8 OHV/AOD | 303K miles!
Former...
'87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan
Bull Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 9815
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 2002 Mercury Sable LS Wagon
soccernamlak has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Left side of the trunk on the rear left fenderwall. Basically, when you open your trunk, as far left and as far back towards the bumper as you can

Edit: And as Nick said, you'd need the right trunk lining as well. Some people have mounted it on the top celing-ish part in the trunk (like under brake light near speakers)
Old 07-14-2007, 08:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
mwt
Crazy Devoted Member

Member Number: 1952
mwt is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
You actually need the trunk lining for CD Changer equipped vehicles. You can either grab that out of a junkyard (or buy it from a dealer), or you can install the changer elsewhere in the trunk. I've attached a picture to show you the OEM placement.
[/b][/quote]

I saw a jbl system like that the other day in the salvage on a GenIII.

Do they still do them like that on the GenIV?

I just screwed mine down on the Drivers side in the trunk back close to the trunk lining.

It will only fit right if it is a factory 6 disc changer. The aftermarket 10 cd changer I have wouldnt fit the contours.

Mike

If I had known there was going to be a test I would have studied

94gl Vulcan totalled 4-01-04
99 LX FFV-purchased 4-17-04 totalled 5-17-06 untotalled on 9-2-07 and back on the road
New Paint coming soon
2000 SES Duratec Garage
2000 SEL Duratec this thing has everything but a spoiler
mwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement