Keypad Code Location Faqs Sheet

61K views 63 replies 36 participants last post by  lucya16197 
#1 ·
Keypad Info, condensed and added to the wiki w/pictures:
http://www.taurusclub.com/wiki/index.php/1...and_Programming

------------

Keypad Code Location FAQ’s Sheet

Location of code:

If a used car look in the glove box, written down somewhere, in the manual or on a card? If not try the suggested locations below. The factory code is a 5-digit number (5 large numbers) The factory code can’t be changed.

You may need an inspection (dentist) mirror and a flashlight.

The new models. According to the manual, the code should be on the computer module.
The code; it’s not actually on a sticker, but it's embossed into the right-hand side of the plastic housing for the computer, just to the left of the steering column under the dash.
Pictures of this item:
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/uploads/po...-1150833588.jpg
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/uploads/po...-1150833768.jpg

On the 01 it is in the same place as the picture of the 06 but it is on a sticker. It looks like it is bolted in between the computer module and the firewall.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=7006&hl= older model 97 location picture

Look above the gas pedal. On any side of the fuse box (May be gray or white in color) on a sticker possibly w/tape over it?

For Gen. 1 and 2 owners, Ford stamped it on the trunk lid bar. Or the code may be on a sticker on the inside of the trunk lid. The sticker could be white with pink numbers. Also, if you go into the trunk, you can see the black, cardboard-looking board that is behind the rear seats. If you pull that back, from the left-hand side (driver side), you should see the computer, which should have the code printed on it.

Keypad control:

On all g3 and g4 Taurus keypads:
Press anytime the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time, all doors will lock.
Type your code then: 3/4 to unlock all doors, 5/6 to open the trunk.
Press any button will illuminate the keypad, door locks and interior lights.
Either the factory code or the private code can be used for all functions. The factory code cannot be changed, however you may create a personal code if you want. If you have your owners manual, go to the section about keyless entry and it will be in there. NOTE. If someone finds out the factory code it's like having a key to the car forever.

Programming private code. Basic way to do it.
Step 1. Think of a new code.
Step 2. Enter the Ford factory code.
Step 3. Press 1/2 within five seconds of entering the factory code.
Step 4. Enter the first digit of the new code within five seconds of pressing 1/2. Enter each remaining digit with in five second of the last digit entered. Wait 20 seconds. Try new code.

Keypad:
The keypad is hardwired to the electrical system

"New" keyless entry pads. Apparently they use the same frequency as the remotes to your car so no wires are needed. Are now available. You need remote entry installed for this option. http://www.taurusclub.com/archive/index.ph...9&hl=keypad

Worst case scenario, if you can't find it... the dealer can pull the code out of the module with a scan tool.

All information was taken from the TCCA forums and placed here for your convenience not sure of accuracy. Information listed varies by model year.

Thanks goes to all who posted information on the forums for helping with gathering this information.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good info and research. Pinned :thumb:

#5 ·
Originally posted by TWDesigns@Nov 7 2006, 04:40 PM
Dealer wants $90 to pull my code. I still have not found it in a year LOL. I was hoping the above list would help me locate it but it wasn't in any of those places *sigh.

I think I will go give it another look see once it stops raining.

Great info though!
You are the second 2000 SEL owner I know of that can't find the dang code. If you go back under the dash, have you looked on the back side of the fusebox? Did you find any tape covering up anything?

#60 ·
2002 SEL. I crawled up under the dash last weekend and could not find the code. By "back of fusebox", do you mean the back of the actual box or the cover? I looked around the sides of the fusebox and inside the cover...could not see it. I don't know if I can get in a position to actually see the back side of the fusebox. Might have to try the mirror method.

#7 ·
Originally posted by TWDesigns@Nov 7 2006, 08:09 PM
No tape anywhere that I could see and nada on the sides or back of the fuse box. I am going to look some more tomorrow...
Keep us posted man. Looks like 00's are the ones causing trouble.

#10 ·
Well after a long search it turned out to be on the computer module after all!
The mirror really helped narrow it down. Mine was located in the Top Right corner area of the Computer Module. It was behind the module on a break away paper tab.

After a couple good pulls it snapped in half but I managed to pull the rest off.

Here is what mine looked like after pulled.

(someone can grab that pic and add it to the first post if needed. I wasn't sure how to upload images to the forums as above)
[/b]
lucky guys. i don't find it any way! :(

#16 ·
Damn.. i can't find it on my girls 03.. no card... no stickers... grrr. Is the place the same for Gen3 and 4?
[/b]
It's there man, just keep on searchin around under there. If you bought the car from a Ford dealer, go back there and get them to give you the code. Have you checked elsewhere in the owners manual, see if the previous owner wrote it down?

#17 ·
<div class='quotemain'>
Damn.. i can't find it on my girls 03.. no card... no stickers... grrr. Is the place the same for Gen3 and 4?
[/b]
It's there man, just keep on searchin around under there. If you bought the car from a Ford dealer, go back there and get them to give you the code. Have you checked elsewhere in the owners manual, see if the previous owner wrote it down? [/b][/quote]

Got it from a Chevy dealer... and whoever owned it last didn't write down nutten....

#18 ·
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
It's there man, just keep on searchin around under there. If you bought the car from a Ford dealer, go back there and get them to give you the code. Have you checked elsewhere in the owners manual, see if the previous owner wrote it down? [/b][/quote]

Got it from a Chevy dealer... and whoever owned it last didn't write down nutten....
[/b][/quote]
Next thing to do, take it to your favorite Ford/Lincoln-Mercury dealer. Let them pull the code for you. From what I've read on here (and I called my local dealer for kicks)...they may quote you for 1 hour labor. You worked at a Ford dealer before so you probably know anyways...

#19 ·
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Next thing to do, take it to your favorite Ford/Lincoln-Mercury dealer. Let them pull the code for you. From what I've read on here (and I called my local dealer for kicks)...they may quote you for 1 hour labor. You worked at a Ford dealer before so you probably know anyways... [/b][/quote]

Yeah.. all it is is plug in the car and read it, don't feel like forkin 90 bucks to get it tho (last resort). I'm gonna go searching for it more today. Did I read Autozone can do it too for cheaper?

#20 ·
Dealer wants $90 to pull my code. I still have not found it in a year LOL. I was hoping the above list would help me locate it but it wasn't in any of those places *sigh.

I think I will go give it another look see once it stops raining.

Great info though!
[/b]

:banana:
Hey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get down on your hands and knees! lol and look Just above the Gas Pedal, There should be a 4"x4" plastic box. LOOK on the right side of it for a sticker with a 5 digit code. That should be the factory sec code..
Best of Luck ,,,Kyle

#25 ·
I had gen 2 taurii before and knew where the code was. After getting the 01 and not finding it in the same place, I was a bit pissed. I did a quick search and now I know to go look at my computer module.

Thanks for the info! :)

I have been out there 3 times looking for it and have not found anything. I cant find the code anywhere. Can anyone provide any other help or any of places the code may be???

#26 ·
I have found it!! Is it odd that it has the same number for 4 out of the 5 digits?

Anywho, for those who may be looking in the future, mine was vertical on a yellow piece of paper. The paper was push behind the computer and so the little portion sticking out with the code on it was angled toward the firewall...making it even harder to locate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.