Factory Amp Bypass - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 6238
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
sultech has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to sultech Send a message via Yahoo to sultech

i bought a new 4 channel amp and would like to use it for the front speakers. i have the mach system with the digital climate controls. i also got a schoshe factory amp bypass for it but the directions dont make sense and there are different wires on mine. has anybody undertaken this feat? and if so please help...
2002 ford taurus sel-(k&n cai, 80mm maf, Transgo shift kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, fstb, 24/26mm swaybar combo, alsfb's ,dual flowmasters, 18"enkeis, catless stock y pipe, -waiting on(xcal3, sfc's, udp, shobros hstc)
2004pontiac gto, 2006 dodge charger daytona, 2002 pt crusier, 2000 e150 conversionvan, 1999contour

Zack-"Trying to get the TCCA to participate in a group buy is like trying to teach a retard not to eat his crayons."

[image=width=300]http://myspace-427.vo.llnwd.net/01550/72/46/1550826427_l.jpg[/image]
sultech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 7601
lzzrdboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to lzzrdboy Send a message via MSN to lzzrdboy Send a message via Yahoo to lzzrdboy

Hiya Sul!

I also bypassed my factory amp but did so using the Metra kit. Additionally, I ordered the new amp from the Crutch so I got all the wiring info included free of charge. Since you didn't mention it I'm guessing you're not replacing your HU so this is where my assistance is limited. Much easier I imagine if you're putting in a new HU as those wires would then match up to the scosche harness. I'm sure there are many folks who have done this so be patient and you should get a helpful reply shortly.

My New Gaming Web Site
lzzrdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member Number: 8367
BS-taurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I dont have mach audio or the auto climate, but unless it has any preamp outs on the back its not going to make a difference. the wires you got with your kit were meant to hook up to the internal amp in an aftermarket receiver, not to a separate amp, most of which hook up through RCA (the wire you have are just speaker wire). If the mach system has a preamp output then you should be able to connect to the amp with a long RCA cable and the run your speakers to the amp like normal. If not, then you can you could buy a cheap hu with preamp to mount in your ashtray or glove compartment. either way, you should be looking to return or resell that schoshe kit, because i dont think you have a use for it with your setup. i remember seeing some sort of new device mentioned here that is designed to help people with auto climate improve their audio systems, i think it was a bit pricey though.

also, im wondering why you are only looking to amp your front channels if you have a 4 channell amp?

I just noticed that you called it a factory amp bypass kit, is this different from the rediculously expensive plastic oval with a hole in it? if so, please disregard what you just read, because i have no idea what kit you are talking about.
BS-taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member Number: 7499
Taurus GT man has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You could also use the little adapter piece you get at radioshack. One end is speaker wire and the other end is rca cables. Its meant specifically for hooking up to speaker wire outputs and then hooking up the rcas as a signal. Chris
Taurus GT man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member Number: 6088
kemo586 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to kemo586 Send a message via MSN to kemo586 Send a message via Yahoo to kemo586

I think what hes talking about is the scosche fai-3a or something....its just a line level converter for the speaker level to line level adjustment. i'd go look at it right now but my car is not near me...If its what I'm thinking it is then I have one in my car as well. I'm not at home at the moment so I can't look at the cds to look at the wiring harness info off of the factory system itself. from what i can remember you run wires from the factory system to the unit on the side opposite the rca jacks, I forget what you set the switch to, and then hook the rcas to the amp(s)...let me know if that is what you are talking about and then i can look at my car in the morning to look where the switch is
Profile California 700M
Profile California AP740
Infinity Reference 6810cs Components
Infinity Reference 6812cf 6x8s
kemo586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member Number: 6238
sultech has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to sultech Send a message via Yahoo to sultech

the kit i got at circuit city is just a bundle of wires with two connecters on it which should allow you to plug in the wires going to the stock hu and the factory amp. and u splice in to the speaker wires- basically all the info for the radio signal and such goes through to the factory amp and the signal for the speakers goes into my new amp. and yes im amping all the speakers i just said front cause its in the trunk and nm. u get the idea. anyways the connecter doesnt fit both sides. im thinking about jus bringing it over to car tunes in farmingdale. the factory amp is about 20watts per channel the amp i got is 70wpc i ran the wires and both my ampss are hooked up just need to figure out this wiring mess. - also if anyone has the ford wiring documents on an 02 sel for the stereo that would be cool.
and i dont want an aftermarket hu or one of those pricey thingys such as the j/l cleansweep. and i used to work for radioshack- crap - that is all.
2002 ford taurus sel-(k&n cai, 80mm maf, Transgo shift kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, fstb, 24/26mm swaybar combo, alsfb's ,dual flowmasters, 18"enkeis, catless stock y pipe, -waiting on(xcal3, sfc's, udp, shobros hstc)
2004pontiac gto, 2006 dodge charger daytona, 2002 pt crusier, 2000 e150 conversionvan, 1999contour

Zack-"Trying to get the TCCA to participate in a group buy is like trying to teach a retard not to eat his crayons."

[image=width=300]http://myspace-427.vo.llnwd.net/01550/72/46/1550826427_l.jpg[/image]
sultech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 5784
giant has a little shameless behaviour in the past

here are the speaker wires

LF+ Orange/Light Green
LF- Light Blue/White

RF+ White/Light Green
RF- Green/Orange

LR+ Gray/Light Blue
LR- Tan/Yellow