Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

I know what tires I'm getting!

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Dschinghis Kahn 
#1 ·
#6 ·
While I'm not wild about Chinese tires, they can't be any worst the junk and crap from Michelin....I've had nothing but problems with Michelin. First they refused to make any concession when I had a set of Cross Terrain SUV tires wear out at less then 20,000 miles...Michelin's response when I talked with them (this is corporate), sorry, sometimes we don't mean expectations, but honestly we sell enough that we don't need your business! Now the Michelins on the SHO are having the sidewalls cracking. This started when the tires had less the 15,000 miles on them...it is getting progessive worst and when I do the 22K service I will see if Michelin will do any kind of warranty...I seriously doubt it, and I have kept rotation and all service of these tires, so we will see. But honestly, I will not buy another set of Michelin tires...again quoting the Wizard of Oz: "NO WAY. NO HOW!"

#3 ·
The thing that gets me is that I can go to any Walmart and get Douglas (Kelly-Springfield, a subsidiary of Goodyear) tires made in Ohio for significantly less money. Hell, I can get Goodyears for less.

Factor in shipping and those hilarious Chinese tires are $95 each! I can get tires from lots of reputable companies at that price.

#5 ·
The funnier part of the description is the "H" rating for sports cars....210kph=130mph...I'd be pissed if my "sports" car was regulated to 130

#10 ·
I know a lot of people love Michelins but I after my experiences, I have really soured on them. Also on my F-150 I replaced the Michelins with Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's and they were great tires, great traction in rain, snow, ice and dry. Also the handled great and lasted over 50K miles...now there's a tire I recommend highly. Again, only down side, is that they are kinda expensive...but I think worth the cost.

#11 ·
I usually go with name brands from a local tire dealer, for the total installed price, and usually done quite well. Goodyear, Michelin, Bridgestone, ext, are all quality brands, but have their share of stinkers in the line up too. I sometimes deal with the Tire Rack, and good to check their site from time to time. I recently got a Blizzak winter tire/wheel package there, and prices were hard to beat. No extra charges for mounting/balancing, and no sales tax, nearly offsetting the shipping. Also good deal on including TPMS sensors(all new cars have these), and a $50 gift card. Not the first time I've bought from them.

#12 ·
I'm running 215/55/16 Kumho Ecsta 4X on mine and they ride pretty good. only cost me like $300 for the set at work.

and speaking of Chinese tires, had an Expedition come in a while back with like 24s on it, that had "Linglong Tires". I immediately knew those were Chinese-crap tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.