I know what tires I'm getting! - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member Number: 11197
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Borbet225 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I usually go with name brands from a local tire dealer, for the total installed price, and usually done quite well. Goodyear, Michelin, Bridgestone, ext, are all quality brands, but have their share of stinkers in the line up too. I sometimes deal with the Tire Rack, and good to check their site from time to time. I recently got a Blizzak winter tire/wheel package there, and prices were hard to beat. No extra charges for mounting/balancing, and no sales tax, nearly offsetting the shipping. Also good deal on including TPMS sensors(all new cars have these), and a $50 gift card. Not the first time I've bought from them.
Borbet225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 03:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member Number: 41989
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 1998 Mercury Sable LS Premium, 3.0L Duratec DOHC 24V V6
98SilverSable is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm running 215/55/16 Kumho Ecsta 4X on mine and they ride pretty good. only cost me like $300 for the set at work.

and speaking of Chinese tires, had an Expedition come in a while back with like 24s on it, that had "Linglong Tires". I immediately knew those were Chinese-crap tires.
"If I had money, I'll tell you what I'd do.... I'd go downtown and buy a Mercury or 2, crazy about a Mercury. Yeah, I'm crazy about a Mercury. I'm gonna buy me a Mercury and cruise it up and down the road!"

- Alan Jackson - "Mercury Blues"

Facebook
98SilverSable is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Devoted Member

Member Number: 35029
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 1996 Sable LS, 3.0L V6 24V Duratec, AX4N GONE, RIP
SoNic67 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhpadi View Post
I know a lot of people love Michelins but I after my experiences, I have really soured on them.
Nice for you to share... I almost got a set last weekend. Sam's Club has a $70 off for four - but even after that they where still more expensive than Dunlop's that I ended up buying (Signature II, UTQG 620/A/B ).

Last edited by SoNic67; 12-10-2012 at 08:37 AM.
SoNic67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member Number: 11197
Borbet225 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
Nice for you to share... I almost got a set last weekend. Sam's Club has a $70 off for four - but even after that they where still more expensive than Dunlop's that I ended up buying (Signature II, UTQG 620/A/B ).
Nothing at all wrong with Dunlops, as had a few sets of them myself. Didn't know this, but Dunlop has been part of the Goodyear family for years. Don't think it's generally advertised, but got a rebate check, and was labelled Goodyear, Dunlop, Kelly Springfield.
Borbet225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Former Moderpony

Member Number: 7950
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2004 Taurus SES, pulled around by a vulcan
Dschinghis Kahn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
Sonic, how do you like them? I've been looking at those Sig IIs lately.

I generally hear good things about the Michelins. Bear in mind that working at a tire shop I've seen Every major brand of tire have some blowouts or separation or crap wear.

I don't normally deal with Michelins though. We don't stock any.

Dschinghis Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.