I would like a upholder that works, please. - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 51168
Chapter: Northeast
Drives: 1999 Mercury Sable LS Wagon Torreador Red, 3.0L Vulcan V6 Ford Taurus fro
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
dbeach84 has a spectacular aura about
Default I would like a upholder that works, please.

Just got a '99 Sable wagon with the flip-fold center console...the one that goes from center seat to "console" with two cup holders, some kinda little round tray thingie that holds nothing, and the lidded compartment.

I noticed that the front/top upholder is basically useless, although it almost holds a Gatorade bottle. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this short of putting a different console in? I want to retain the option of the bench seat for now.

- 1999 Mercury Sable LS Wagon - 3.0l Vulcan -AX4N - Toreador Red on gray - Ford Taurus front end (salvage car) - 81K original miles
- 1997 Dodge Neon - 2.0L SOHC - Red w/ Silver rally stripes - Mildly upgraded - 270K miles and still going...

"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."
- Ford Prefect, from "Life, The Universe, and Everything" by Douglas Adams

dbeach84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member Number: 50963
Chapter: Midwest
Drives: 2007 Taurus SEL Windveil blue
Markcuda is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
- 1997 Dodge Neon - 2.0L SOHC - Red w/ Silver rally stripes - Mildly upgraded - 270K miles and still going...
My wife put 375,000 on her 2003 Neon, It's dead now
As far as upholders, I have nothin'
Leather intirior
3.0 Vulcan motor
WeatherTech side
window deflectors.
www.Markcuda.com
Markcuda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 1771
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 00 SEL Sedan DOHC
Trader Score: 7 reviews
Bull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bull Geek Send a message via MSN to Bull Geek

For the cup holders, you could install a 2000-2007 Ford Taurus/Sable flip/fold console in your car. IIRC you are in Ohio...where at in the state?

-Silver Frost MC 2000 Ford Taurus SEL | V6 DOHC/AX4N | 198K - FOR SALE, See Thread: click

former '87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan
Bull Geek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Drives: 1999 Mercury Sable LS Wagon Torreador Red, 3.0L Vulcan V6 Ford Taurus fro

Just noticed that this post says "upholders". Sigh...

I'm near Gallipolis, if you know where that's at. On the river, near the southern tip. Do the newer consoles have better holders?

- 1999 Mercury Sable LS Wagon - 3.0l Vulcan -AX4N - Toreador Red on gray - Ford Taurus front end (salvage car) - 81K original miles

"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."

Old 11-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Technical Advisor

Member Number: 1771
Chapter: Southeast
Drives: 00 SEL Sedan DOHC
Trader Score: 7 reviews
Bull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond reputeBull Geek has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bull Geek Send a message via MSN to Bull Geek

There are 2 that will actually work.
Type 1 (found in 99-01s, common in 99s, and 00s)
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2000-FORD-TAURUS-CENTER-CONSOLE-TAUPE-TAN-/00/s/MTEyMlgxNDk2/$(KGrHqR,!h4F!8DWs2w1BQSiV6Pir!~~60_35.JPG

Type 2 (Found in 4th Gen Taurus/Sables (00-07)
http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7020/...29f68fdc44.jpg

Your best bet would be to find one at a self service junkyard. Looks like you'd have to go to Columbus Ohio for the closest one: Pick-n-Pull Locations

Or to Kentucky: Pull-A-Part

-Silver Frost MC 2000 Ford Taurus SEL | V6 DOHC/AX4N | 198K - FOR SALE, See Thread: click

former '87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan
Bull Geek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member Number: 21887
Drives: 1999 Taurus SE 3l V6
Prismatic has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Am I the only one that likes the gen 3 flip console? It's perfect for resting my hand on as I drive.
Prismatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

I like the one for the 4th Gens...I like the one I have now except for the stupid cup holder and lack of storage space...im a bit of a packrat so i need cubbies and places to put things like pens and sunglasses and meds and papers. You should see my poor Neon...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.