post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southern
Year: 2016
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
3.5 Eco-Boost motor internals?

I have a new SHO. I'm interested in how stout the internals are on this motor. If there is a link somewhere with this info already, and I'm sure there is, please point me there.

What are the crank/rod/piston materials in my motor is a good start. Are all 3.5s created equal? Are the ones in the SHOs the same as the one the have 650hp pumping out of in the new Raptors the same? If not, what's different.

I've tried, but Google isn't help me. I can't come up with a good search and the SHO is pretty-much ignored on most of the performance information out there. Basically trying to determine what to do to make safe HP with this car.

Any guidance/information would be greatly appreciated!

2016 SHO, 2001 Bullitt, 2016 Z06, 2006 F250 PSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 01:25 PM
Midwest Chapter Mod

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2010

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bpd1151 Send a message via Skype™ to bpd1151
In a quick reply..... the internals are NOT the same.

The 3.5L EB SHO motor employs a poly something or other metal on their internals.

F150's and others are forged.

A reasonable expectation for a stock SHO motor (with stock internals), as far max power goes, can be pegged to be around 435-450awhp.

Have there been 'unicorns' among them that have put down more than the above #'s? Yes.

But from a long term, reliability type perspective, the #'s above, are accurate. Again that's whp..... NOT crank.

I'll dig around for any links I may have stored here there, and kind of everywhere, and see what I can find for 'ya.

Welcome to the TCCA & enjoy your bull.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Midwest Chapter Mod

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2010

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bpd1151 Send a message via Skype™ to bpd1151
And btw....... if you're not aware (as I failed to mention in my original reply) baseline dyno's for the 3.5L EB SHO range between 277awhp to 285awhp.

So to see the 435awhp to 450awhp range on a stock motor with stock internals, and have it last for any decent length of time, is pretty impressive for the little V6 that could / can. Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page