More responsive gas pedal? - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Register Home Forums Active Topics Topic Finder Photos Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans
TaurusClub.com is the premier Ford Taurus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member Number: 63753
Chapter: West Coast
Drives: 2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mo
Visit: My Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
BiGMaC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycefking1 View Post
Hey guys, I was just wondering, is there any way to make my gas pedal more responsive? I read on other forums that if you reset the ECU then your car will relearn your driving habits from stock and therefore being aggressive on the pedal making it more responsive. If that's true, how do we reset our ECU? And is there another way?
Just disconnect the battery for 10 minutes.... hook it back up then. Initially the shifts will seem hard... 30-45 min of driving at fast and slow speeds with stop and go wil set the basic patterns. Ford calls it a "drive cycle" If that doesn't work consider looking for a turbo leak in the charge piping or intercooler to throttle-body pipe.

Alternatives that are most common...
1) add downpipes... turbos will spool up about 600-800 rpm quicker (lower than OEM) giving more low end HP and TQ...
2) and of course get a tune... Unleashed Tuning (Torrie McPhail) or Livernois Motor Sports (Dan Millen) would be the top two choices. Personally, I would not use any other tuners currently marketing. Tuning can by modified for the mods you make to the car to maximize responsiveness.

There are also fueling changes... AvGas, racegas, and meth injection

Last edited by BiGMaC; 03-28-2014 at 08:31 PM.
BiGMaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Emeritus Staff Member

Member Number: 51308
Chapter: Please Select a Region:
Drives: .
The White Falcon is a splendid one to beholdThe White Falcon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGMaC View Post
Just disconnect the battery for 10 minutes.... wook it back up then. Initially the shifts will seem hard... 30-45 min of driving wil set the basic patterns.

Alternatives that are most common...

1) add downpipes... turbos will spool up about 600-800 rpm quicker giving more low end HP and TQ...

2) and of course get a tune... Unleashed Tuning (Torrie McPhail) or Livernois Motor Sports (Dan Millen) would be the top two choices. Personally, I would not use any other tuners currently marketing. Tuning can by modified for the mods you make to the car.

There are also fueling changes... AvGas, racegas, and meth injection

He has an SE, no turbos.

See the details here.

New? New is easy. Right is hard. Craig Federighi.
Life at its best is a creative synthesis of opposites in fruitful harmony. Martin Luther King, Jr.
But...it was so artistically done. Grand Admiral Thrawn.
The White Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member Number: 5948
Daveb673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via Yahoo to Daveb673

I've not looked under the hood of a new Taurus. Does it have a plastic intake? If so, a remedy on the Dodge pickups with an electronic throttle is to run a ground wire from the (metal) throttle body to the car chassis. It helped on my wife's 08 Avenger...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement