Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

What engine do i have ?

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  kjphilippona 
#1 ·
Hi, i am new here and this is my first Ford, a 2009 Taurus SEL. I need to do an oil change, the electronic filter finder at walmart shows only the Taurus no different models or engine sizes. I have read some threads on this board where they the 2009 Taurus and it has the 3.0L engine, the dealership i purchased it from had the engine listed as a 3.5L. There is no where i can find on the engine where is states the displacement, where do i look to find this :unsure:

#6 ·
Thanks, I have a question about the transmission, years ago after my military career i decided to go to the local collage a try my hand a auto mechanics, i never left the transmission repair shop the instructor thought i did such a great job lol he kept me there. Ford had the most robust transmissions compared to Chrysler and Chevy, than everyone started going front wheel drive and all that went out the window. I read a few articles about shifting problems with the ford transmissions and my owners manual said to have it serviced at 35k, this car has 36k, so i called the Ford dealer and they told me it depended on the type transmission that was in my car, i gave them my Vin number and was told that my trans did not need servicing only at 100k did i need to have them look at it. I am experiencing some hard down shifts when breaking hard and when you first take off in 1st when its cold, kind of acts like its slipping than catches :angry:

#9 ·
Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you...my computer hasnt been allowing me to log into this forum for a few days. What would really help is read the sticker on the inside of your door/door drame on your car and find the manufacture date. If it is before 10/15/2008 then the technical service bulletin(tsb) would apply to your vehicle. If you take your car to a ford dealer and state that you want TSB 08-26-13 it will run you around $80. It helped me and I hope it helps you :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.