Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Discovered wet floor under mat!

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dave SES 
#1 ·
The other day, I took out my floor mats to shake them out and discovered my carpet was wet! Just a fine line down the center of the passenger side and a small damp area where the floor creases. Having seen this happen before in the past and having just started to use the heater, I figured I had a leak at the heater core or related piping/hosing. I made an appointment and took it in. Well, I guess I was wrong! There is a TSB out regarding this problem. Somewhere, I'm not sure where yet, outside water is seeping in. The dealer told me there is some kind of kit to fix this. I should be picking the Taurus up in the morning and I'll try to get more info. BTW, it really sucks having my car in the shop. Ford did rent me a car. It's a late model 4 banger Camry and I really dislike it. I want my baby back!

#6 ·
Yikes..... not a good discovery on any car.

Hope the repair(s) go well and if you can, could you find out what the number the TSB is, what model years it effects and blah blah blah?

In other words, all the necessary details of the TSB.

PM it to me if need be. Thank you in advance. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.