Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

2017 ROTB

9K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Bruiser56 
#1 ·
Anybody heading to Carlisle this year? I haven't seen many discussions so far.

#2 ·
I will be there with my 88 Turbo Coupe.

#7 ·
Great! Looking to see your awesome SHO with the new ear destroying sound system!!

#5 · (Edited)
Anybody heading to Carlisle this year? I haven't seen many discussions sto far.
Paul (TaurusDailyDriver) always led the charge on the Carlisle discussion but he hasn't been on in a few months. Last I heard some folks were planning on staying at the Days Inn New Cumberland. You might try a PM to Sam. Unfortunately there will be no Americade or Carlisle for us this year. First time in I can't remember how long that they aren't happening at the same time but the Son's and Godson's graduations will eat up both weekends.

#6 ·
I'd still love to head over there for a day or so, but I'm not sure. My wife sometimes gets called in for work on the weekends so making plans for a weekend is a crap shoot. Hell... she planned on her mom coming down and staying with us this weekend....... and she got called in this morning after my MIL came last night.

Not totally out of the question, but not a yes either.

#10 ·
I'll be there Saturday with Third Bull, possibly on Friday. Not staying at the hotel this time.

Attachments

#11 ·
I'd like to go, since this is the first year I can do the entire weekend. However, my wife wants to go on vacation the week before, so we wouldn't get home until that weekend. But, my daughter has something she wants to do that weekend, which may postpone the vacation. So, it's all still up in the air.

#14 ·
Something to consider - if you park with the 'wrong' group, you may be asked to move your vehicle to the correct group.

Last year I parked with the Taurus group in the TCCA section. I was made to move to a generic stock sedan group.(I think that's what i was. Hard to remember a year ago, when I can't remember what I had for dinner last night !!) I had to go down to the stadium and re-register. This year it looks like there is just Taurus Modified and Taurus Stock.

#15 · (Edited)
I'm definitely out. Came down with a detached retina this week. So, emergency surgery and the associated recovery time have eliminated any prep time. Plus, still not up to driving a lot with only one fully working eye.

So, have a great time everyone. Watch out for the local constabulary and the cameras at the intersections in the Carlisle area. We were down there last weekend for a graduation. The Import and Performance Nationals were going on. I've never seen so many cars pulled over. Lots of cool cars. But, I didn't have time to check out the show. :(

#19 ·
I'm definitely out. Came down with a detached retina this week. So, emergency surgery and the associated recovery time have eliminated any prep time. Plus, still not up to driving a lot with only one fully working eye.

So, have a great time everyone. Watch out for the local constabulary and the cameras at the intersections in the Carlisle area. We were down there last weekend for a graduation. The Import and Performance Nationals were going on. I've never seen so many cars pulled over. Lots of cool cars. But, I didn't have time to check out the show. :(
Sorry to hear about your eye. Hope it heals back to normal.
I havn't been more than 30 miles from home in 2 years so I ain't goin anywhere except for a Summer trip. In August going our about 650 miles for family reunion. Did that 2 years ago and we skipped last year. My walking is mostly limited to walking the wife's dog to the end of the street and back. Bad knees.

-chart-

#16 ·
Been prepping for Carlisle last few days. Took the car for an alignment Friday, as well as a wheel balance. Thought that'd be important to perform, given the audio addition.

Certainly didn't care to drive 10hrs each way, and not feel comfortable, or reassured rather, all is good.

Also detailed the interior Saturday, as well as the engine bay.

Today I washed the exterior, tore the wheels off and did the undercarriage, suspension, brakes, etc.

I also waxed the wheels and reinstalled everything.

Tomorrow I'll clay it, and wax it.

Been doing lil bit of work each day, while still accomplishing aspects of the "honey do" list.

#17 ·
I'll toss this out there once again.....

Anyone desiring to caravan to Carlisle, I plan on leaving sometime between 4am & 5am (Thursday morning). According to Google Maps, it's a 10hr drive or so (not accounting for any potty breaks/pit stops, etc. I'd like to arrive Thursday afternoon sometime.

I will be getting on I-80 from I-355.

Anyone coming West of Chicago, and heading East, LMK.

Likewise, anyone East of Chicago, heading East, LMK as well. Perhaps we can coordinate.

Cell phone available via PM for those interested.

-------Mike K.

#18 ·
See you all this weekend. I know I have been quiet this year about Carlisle, as it has been a super busy year for me, but I would not miss it! Will be in the Fusion. Staying Thursday to Sunday.

#21 ·
If it didnt rain at least one day, it wouldn't be Ford Carlisle.

#22 ·
So I am finding out, from others who are posting replies to that very same weather forecast, that I posted in other communities.

Meh, oh well. I decided to ditch bringing the large, custom made, 5'x8' mod banner, and its' weighted sand bags to hold it down as a result.

Not worth the risk. Especially since I hear they tend to pack 3k+ worths of attendess cars in tightly like sardines.

#24 ·
Well folks, the 2017 Ford National's have come and gone, and a great time was had by all! Wonderful to see such a turnout from all various model years, trim levels, etc.

The memories created were plenty, and I'm thankful to many many individuals for having made this event, the experience that it was!

BIG Thanks to Brian & Kris Michael (BAM_SHO) as well as to Mark H. (mjhpadi) for their involvement and assistance throughout. Without their help, the show wouldn't have been what it was for me personally.

I was overwhelmed by all the support, as well as all the things to do and see, not only at the fairgrounds, but also in/around the Carlisle area. Fun times for sure! Look forward to doing it again.

Also, HUGE Thanks to all those who catapulted my SHO into it's 1st Place Award for the "Modified" category! Very thankful for the attention, and I only hope I can continue representing the Taurus/SHO platform in the best light possible! Thank you!

Moving along, a few pics to post here, then I'll include the link to the dedicated album, so as to not eat up too much forum data, and y'all can peruse through at your own leisure. Enjoy!

Some of the group, as remaining on Sunday:

Downtown Carlisle parade:

Pole dancing anyone?:

Hotel parking lot shenanigans:

Some of the SHO and it's newest "big" mod for 2017, the MASSIVE audio build:

Link to the ENTIRE album here:
http://s229.photobucket.com/user/bpd1151/library/2017 Ford Nationals Carlisle PA

I hope everyone enjoyed this event, as much as I did. I know for me personally, I'll never forget all the looks on people's faces when they viewed my SHO for the 1st time. The positive reactions, compliments, and in some cases, utter amazement, from all age groups, walks of life, etc. was priceless. Keeps me fueled for even more to come in the future! --------Mike

#25 ·
A few fun videos captured by others:

Looks like my SHO, as well as Brian (BAM_SHO's SHO) made the Official Carlisle Flickr Photo Albums as well:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/carlisle-events/albums/72157681742028683

Anyone else have photos that they'd care to share with the community? It'd be great to see what others have captured! Your contributions are appreciated!

#27 ·
I'd love to come one year (I went once when I had my Focus)...ultimately, I'd love to trade my Chrysler convertible for an EcoBoost Mustang, then my daughter could drive the Stang and I could drive Sir Taurus. That would be serious fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.