Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

DTC 1504

781 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sousa632 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum & I apologize in advance for not knowing how to navigate. I was reading a post about DTC 1504 & it never finished. It said for more info go register so I did & I've searched & couldn't find the topic I was on. I'm working on an 07 Taurus for someone & noticed its got a new IAC on it, the throttle body has been cleaned & the car runs very good with only 90 some k miles on it but that code. I cleared the code & repaired a few vac leaks at the intake boot where the tubes hook into it. I gave it back to the guy & he said the light came back on but it stayed off a little longer than usual.I figured OK that's progress so I sprayed carb cleaner everywhere there could possibly be a vac leak but no change whatsoever. I cleared the code again, started the car, turned the car off after about 5 seconds, rechecked the codes again & the P1504 was there again only it showed pending. When I fixed the vac leaks I also changed the air filter & for the heck of it while it was running I pulled the vac line off the EGR & it had mild vac going to it at idle which I thought was unusual. I then gave the EGR vacuum & it stalled the engine. Good I thought BC it meant the valve is working correctly which I new already BC the engine idles smooth & has good power as it should. It cleared all monitors except 2 within 7 miles. The last 2 were the same as any other vehicle I've worked on which were evap & catalist which is pretty normal & I'm sure they'll clear as well but I'm asking for end results so if anybody can throw a known fix at me(please no pot shots) I would greatly appreciate it. I'm used to seeing my people walk away with a smile & It would be nice to keep it that way.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to TCCA Dirk. This is the introduction forum. As a rule repair advice is not given here, for good reason. Few members will even see your post. That said, the issue may be an aftermarket IAC, they are a known isuue. If you need further assistance please create a thread in the appropriate forum.

#4 ·
Welcome to TCCA! We all like pictures here so, snap a picture or two and post them here in the "Bull Stable"
Post a Picture of your Bull!

If you haven't done so already, please edit your user information to show what kind of car you drive and what engine you have. This helps other members with any questions you might have about your specific car.
Adding Your Vehicle Information

The site search feature and Topic Finder are VERY useful for LOTS of good information about our cars. Most topics/issues/modifications have been discussed at some point. If the search or topic finder are not yielding the results you are looking for, please feel free to post a topic in the appropriate section of the forum. Having as much as information possible, with photos or videos if available, will help get you the correct answer from the knowledgeable members of this site. Just be aware that it can take up to an hour from your initial introduction post for you to be able to post in the regular forum.
Ez Topic Finder
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum - Search Forums

Don't forget to check out our Car of the Quarter/Car of the Year competitions! Anyone is able to vote or submit their cars
Car Of The Month Submissions

Please also check out these topics about our forum:
Welcome To The Tcca!
How To Ask For Help
Forum Rules
Posting Items, Parts and Cars For Sale on TCCA
TCCA Staff Introduction Thread
Enjoy, and again welcome to the club :thumb: :tcca:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.