Sousa632's 2013 Hyundai Sonata - Page 5 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 08:27 PM

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
I went to an outlet here this past Thursday to do some shopping and someone let all of the air out of my passenger side front tire. They were going to let the air out of the passenger side rear also but didn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
I'll Be Watching You!

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2001
Model: Mercury Sable Wagon
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 2 reviews
Well, the drivers rear tire is low again. I need to take the tire off and see. I took my phone and ran it around the tire and I think I see something in it but didn't take the tire off being that shops are closed today and don't feel like putting the spare on it or that tire back on just to take it off and get it repaired. Tomorrow I'm going to yank the tire and see what I find. I need to pick up the plates for it as well.... So far though my wife is happy with the car.

John
2001 Sable LS Premium Wagon Duratec, 194K miles and kicking, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
I'll Be Watching You!

It snowed here 8" yesterday and the rear tire is low again..... real feel temps have not gotten much above low single digits, but here I was outside taking the tire off to look at it. I had to get some hot water in order to get the tire to separate from the rotor because it was iced up, but I found that there was a screw in it. Had it patched up and it's back in business. I had to take care of this today being that my wife is starting her new job tomorrow

Now I'm REALLY glad that I bought this car. She's working around the corner from where she used to work(actually at a former employer that is under new ownership and they cleaned house of all the cancer that was working there). It's about 30 miles one way. The Hyundai is really good on gas. It's similar in size/weight to the wagon, but a 4cyl. Even with the eco-mode disabled, she was able to average 31mpg with it on a highway drive. Being that she's really only driving local it's hard to tell how good it is. Now that she'll be traveling we can get a real feel for how it'll do. I'm still happy with the purchase.

John
2001 Sable LS Premium Wagon Duratec, 194K miles and kicking, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2006
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

I have never heard a bad thing about that car from a friend who has put over 130k miles on his. It was on my real short list for a new car and I looked for at least a year and when to two auto shows to try all at one time. I easily beat the new Taurus because of interior room and gas mileage.
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
I'll Be Watching You!

Little update... I plugged the right rear tire before, then the left rear tire was going low, so I had to get that one plugged as well. They have been holding air with no issues so that's a good thing. It seems like when they had it on their lot, they must have backed it into a spot that had screws cause there's no possibility of that happening on BOTH rear tires at the same time. One was just a bigger leak than the other. I also changed the oil in it and found that the dealer didn't do a damn thing to it other than put a sticker in the window saying the oil was done, and put a price tag on it. Pisses me off.... but I'll just not shop there again.

Needless to say, my wife has been using the car for work every day and even with winter crap gas and cold temps till this week, it's still averaging 30-31mpg We took it out to the winery today with the family and it was a nice ride. My wife is really happy with the car so I can't complain about the purchase.
Josh and jag1959 like this.

John

post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

sousa632 likes this.
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:27 PM
TCCA Facebook Admin

Chapter: Pacific Northwest
Year: 2008
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
Woohoo! Hyundai's are fantastic cars nowadays
sousa632 likes this.

Josh S.
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - Light Ice Blue
2003 Taurus SHO V8 - Dark Shadow Grey
1996 Taurus SHO - Rose Mist - COTY 2015
2002 Taurus SEL Premium - Royal Blue

post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
I'll Be Watching You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Woohoo! Hyundai's are fantastic cars nowadays
I actually really enjoy driving that car. Then again, it might just be the fact that it has about 130K miles less than the wagon and about 140K less than the truck, it's "new" and just feels nice I would honestly buy a second for me if I had the money, but I think I would want the 2.0T....... just because.
Josh and CDsDontBurn like this.

John

post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 11:14 PM

Chapter: West Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag1959 View Post
OT, but personally, I hate this saying. To me, all it says is to avoid conflict. If she's happy, are you happy? Me personally, not always.....like less than 50% of the time, not always. I just go with it to avoid further conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousa632 View Post
I actually really enjoy driving that car. Then again, it might just be the fact that it has about 130K miles less than the wagon and about 140K less than the truck, it's "new" and just feels nice I would honestly buy a second for me if I had the money, but I think I would want the 2.0T....... just because.
Hey man, congrats on the new car! A friend of mine has one and he's very happy with his purchase. It looks like you have been too. Congrats again!
sousa632 likes this.

2013 Taurus SEL
No mods......... yet

1997 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake | PI Cams

2000 Honda Accord v6
Bunch of audio stuff | Greddy SP2 exhaust | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F&R sway bars | 6000k HIDs
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
I'll Be Watching You!

Today we went to the in-laws for my niece's B-day party. Everyone packed in the Sonata and off we went. I filled the tank before leaving. A little over 200 miles later, we are back home. It was so warm out this morning that I used the AC the whole way up to the party. Even still....... it averaged 31.9mpg with all 5 of us. No arguments from me on that!
sheila likes this.

John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page